cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying views from one package to another package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i copy the hana views from one package to another package, still the some of the views are pointing to source package.

For example:

I have 3 views(2 Analytic and 1 calculation views) in the package X.

X.AN1, and X.AN2, are used in X.CV.

Now i have copied above 3 views to the destination package Y.

Y.AN1, Y.AN2 and Y.CV.

but now the problem is Y.CV still points to X.AN1 and X.AN2 .  Y.CV should be pointing to Y.AN1 and Y.AN2.

I have explained the problem with a simple example. But in reality we have much complex scenario. - manually re-pointing to the right views is very time consuming.

Is there any automated way where all the references of the views are automatically pointing to the objects/views in the target package.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/d3/fe8cc7d9761014b3acedd867b1e222/content.htm?f...Hi

Hi Ravikumar,

As suggested by Tim, refactoring is a system method for moving objects and reassigning it with new linkages. Some more information is provided in the link above.

Regards,

kG

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravikumar,

I found the automated way to do this.  Do the following steps:

1) You first need to determine the whole data flow that you want to move.

2) Right click on each analytic view, attribute, etc...(go in order of attribute, analytic, etc..) and choose refactor and then move.

3) Choose the new package that you would like this to be included in

4) validate that the mappings are correct in new one.  Please note that this moves the whole analytical view and does not allow you to copy it.  I have not been able to determine a way to keep the sandbox one and just move a copy that redefines things.

let me know if this fixes your issue.

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravikumar,

Have you found a solution for this?  I was wondering the same thing especially in the cases that you are using a sandbox package for development efforts.  I would hope that they would allow this to be done easily but I don't see a simple method.  Let me know if you found a way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

even if the solution is not automatic, is there any best practice to copy the views from one package to another package?

regards,

rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more point is - i need to copy the package from one location to another location within the same hana system.

can we do export delivery unit(for pakckage) and import delivery unit - export and import in same HANA systme, but the source and target are different.

I have noticed Import is not asking path where the objects are need to be imported.

any clue if export and import solve the problem(dependent object references)?

regards