cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPlogon.ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I installed GUI 7.10 on VISTA and the pasted the SAPlogon.ini from my old PC (here gui 6.40 with XP), I can't understand but the SAPLOGON doesn't seem to read my old SAPlogon.ini (I pasted in C:\WINDOWS) and I can't understand where now the hits of SAPLOGON are stored, any idea?

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your prev saplogon.ini file is not working of if you have deleted them configure the saplogon again and the same will again be created in the c: indows folder.

For this either dbl click the saplogon or go to start---->run and from here type saplogon and logon will appear.

In the saplogon screen click the Systems tab.

Then click the New Item tab. In the next screen select User Specified System and press next.In the next screen enter as under

Description "For ex--Development"

Application Server "Application server name or IP address"

System Number "00"

System ID "say D01"

Imean whatever is applicable in your case

Click Finish.

Try to logon.

Before doing this delete the old saplogon.ini from windows folder.

Check the saplogon.ini is recreated in your windows folder.

Hope this solves your problem.

Pl dont forget to award suitable points.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to do what you said me but it didn't work.

I would like to understand where the SAPlogon writes the hits I entered because it doesn't create the file saplogon.ini

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also installed on Gui 7.10 on vista. Its working fine.

Also used old saplogon.ini file from old machine.

Regards,

Bhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I solved my problem, the saplogon.ini is stored in a different path:

C:\Users\BM Consulting\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows instead of

C:\Windows

so I pasted my old saplogon.ini in this new path and now works fine.

I don't know VISTA very well , probably it depends on how my VISTA (professional) was setted.

Thanks

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

See note 1031740....This is one of those wonderful "features" that Microsoft has come out with, in terms of Vista....For those using an SAP installation server, such as myself, this may pose a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I pasted the saplogon.ini from my old pc to my new pc with windows vista in the new path (C:UsersBM ConsultingAppDataLocalVirtualStoreWindows ) and it worked.

But I think my problem continues because I work in an enterprise so more than one person needs to be logging in different pcs with their own users. My question is what happens if a person needs to be logged in the new pc where I installed the sapgui 7.1 with my user. I think it won´t work.. There is another way to solve this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

Regards from Portugal.

I had exactly the same problem. This happens because vista has a security "improvement???" that don't allow applications to write to system directory's. Then it create a virtual directory to make application think they write the files successfully so that it work.

Anyway. I to have a enterprise environment that needs the winlogon.ini to be pre-deploy in every machine before users add they profiles created. All you have to do is to create "VirtualStore\Windows\Saplogon.ini" in "Users\Default\Local" so that every user that logs into that machine have the winlogon.ini in their profile.

The only problem i see in this method is the number of files in case of winlogon.ini change.In this case you need to cover all users profiles AND the default user profile to update it correctly.

Hope that help.

NOTE: You can disable the virtual directory to make winlogon.ini work in C:\windows by disabling the UAC in Windows Vista but i do not recommend that.

Message was edited by:

Twilight Zone