cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP Fiori Client developed using Kapsel Plugin support/host UI5 apps?

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SMP3.0 SP04 provides a plugin in to create SAP Fiori Client. Can we use this SAP Fiori Client to host UI5 apps. We are not creating Fiori apps. All these are general UI5 apps. We will not add these apps as a tile to Fiori Launchpad. This being the case, can we use the Fiori Client to host these generic UI5 apps ? 

Thanks

Vishnupriya

can you please help?

Thanks

Vishnupriya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnupriya ,

Are you looking for a value added support by packaging a ui5 application in Fiori Client. You might be aware that UI5 applications can be packaged with cordova / Kapsel to use the native device capabilities and unique enterprise features from Kapsel with which we can have the complete control of the plugins and customization of the app.

Anyways , i have n't tried but running a custom UI5 application in Fiori Client may work .Infact the document here was using  a sample Ui5 application in the Fiori Client . The UI5 application is developed using sap.m libraries and hosted here .

Regards

Virinchy

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware of packaging a UI5 app to .apk/.tpa using Crodova/Kapsel to use the native device features. I wanted to leverage the SAP Fiori Client to host 'n' number of UI5 apps. So wanted to know if it is possible to host these apps without exposing it as a Tile to Fiori Launchpad?

Regards,

Vishnupriya

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishnupriya,

So, you would  like to access/host 'n' number of ui5 applications from the fiori client . But how are you planning to give the access points to each of your applications in the fiori client.

Do you prepare a custom fiori like launchpad with the sap.m standard tile api  as here ?

Regards

Virinchy

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Virinchy, that is the idea.

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be achievable with Cordova and kapsel as well. Fiori client plugin is dedicated for fiori apps  is and will have certain pre requisites to be met on the back end as well .

Regards

Virinchy

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

I would want to infact host 'n' hybrid apps in one container. Say it needs to be one app on the device from where I can navigate to different apps. Can we bundle different .apks to one .apk and launch different apps from that? Or is there any other means to achieve this?

Thanks

Vishnupriya

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what i would do to launch multiple apps as an application.

Maintain a root view- which contains the tiles for respective application and navigate to the application view on click of the tiles and package the web application with cordova/kapsel.

Fiori Client has an APK file and it does nt navigate to each apk file to launch the respective application , it loads the root link , Launchpad and navigates to the respective application on click of the tiles.

It can be checked from fiori launchpad url and respective apps url.

Fiori Launchpad URL.

HostName:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html

The application can also be launched directly from

HostName:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html#SalesOrder-create

Regards

Virinchy

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Virinchy. Will try that option and get back!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnupriya,

SAP Fiori client is designed only for Fiori apps so it may not help in your case. Kapsel based hybrid apps will not support multiple apps out of the box. You can choose the option given by Virinchy  to run multiple apps from a single app.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun for the info.