cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Log is full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In Our SRM production system , on every friday that we are facing issue regarding "SIDlog" is full . Dumee to this job was not running in SM37 but after certain time the jobs are running without doing any manual intervention .

Description of error :

Error Message:

"The log file for database 'SID' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space".

so because of this above there was no job running between 17/10/2014 21:30 to 18/10/2014 07:05 . But after that 07:06:25 the jobs are started running and i have seen the log they have not shown "SID log" is full .

But today 21/10/2014 only i have shrink the log database.

My Doubts : 1. Why the job was not running at the time interval which i mentioned above.

2. If due to "SYS log" is full why after certain point the jobs are running without shown that error .

Screenshot attached for reference.

Kindly help on this .

Thanks

Leela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 Suggwtion:

I schedule the job on another Applicaion Server, instead of current application, where Log is full

In SM 37,  we can shift 1 job running 1 application to another

Hope I am not wrong

Regards

Nilanchal

Sr SAP BASIS/Netweaver Consultant

Cap Gemini Bangalore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1)Backup pf Log/free up space is 1 solution

2) Can you pls check, under which id the specified job is running must have sufficient right to run(like administrative right to run the Job

3)Also Make sure Work Process are free enough to run the Job(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanchal,

backup the old archive files to some other location and clear the archive space and schedule the job once again through sm36.

Thanks,

Abdul

gabriella_kiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what  type of database  do you have:

Please check about the transaction log:

421644 - SQL error 9002: The transaction log is full

307911 - Transaction Log Filling Up in SQL Server 7.0

Regards Gabriella Kiss