cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPACCESS Tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have an application running on a SAP WAS, and we are recording the the HTTP posts & gets in the <b>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\httpaccess\responses-clf.x.trc</b> files.

At the moment this files starts at file number 0, then once that is full (about 10mb) creates a <b>..1.trc</b> file, then a <b>...2.trc </b> file etc. Once it has filled <b>responses-clf.4.trc </b>it starts back at 0.

Given the rate the files fill up, we need a way of increasing the number of generations it creates so I can get 20 or 30 log files before it loops back to 0 - Is this possible, and if so, how is it done?

thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it doing what we wanted, sorry it took so long to mark this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

All the log related configuration you can do by following the below steps:

Start the configtool from usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\configtool .Go to cluster data--

global server configuration--managers--

log manager.

Here you can change the speacific log settings .Depending on your scenario adjust the log settings your error will be solved.

Reward suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan and Rajat

our SAP Basis team have made some changes and I expect to see the results of the extended log sequencing some time tomorrow, I'll mark this thread as answered once its working

cheers

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

To control the properties of the rolling log files you need to use the Log Configurator service. Please follow these steps:

- Start the Visual Adminstrator tool

- Navigate to Server# -> Services-> 'Log Configurator'

- Select the Runtime tab

- Click on 'To advanced mode'

- Select 'Destinations' tab

- Navigate to 'service_http_responses-clf' entry

In the right panel there are options for file size (Limit) and file count (Count). Simply increase the Count value to match the desired number of rolling log files.

Regards,

Nathan Swenson

J2EE Development Support

SAP Labs - Palo Alto, CA