cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get product structure data for WD component /PLMU/WDC_PPE_CMP_TREE

0 Kudos

The component /PLMU/WDC_PPE_CMP_TREE displays the product level details( NWBC ). My requirement is to download the data in the excel format. The problem is I am not able to see any data in the context. Require help on how can the enhancement be done.

PS. I have tried to export the data from the memory(assistance class) but the problem is the component displays a parent child relationship[ and the exact format of the data is required.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do that with transaction PDN. Launch PDN and then click on the Tabular display button. Open the top node in the hierarchy and with right click you can choose Expand hierarchy. Then you can use the excel export functionality on the ALV table. So not any development is needed.

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the information.

But the requirement I have is to enhance the component /PLMU/WDC_PPE_CMP_TREE with excel download. Do we have an option to capture the exact data(same order) being displayed for product structure in NWBC?

Regards

Laks

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laks,

here you can find some guidelines how to implement it:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Web+Dynpro+Java+-+Exporting+Table+Data+Using+On-Demand...

By the way the tree can also be exported in the standard so no development is needed.

1. launch transaction PDN

2. load a PSM structure

3. expand it

4. click on Print dropdown button and select Print preview

5. click on the following in the SAP menu: System - List - Save - Local File

6. in the popup you can selext excel, txt etc. formats and save the whole PSM structure

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

The export from PDN transaction doesnot seem to satisfy the requirement as the NWBC ouput has more output fields(columns).

Can you suggest in ABAP Web-Dynpro?

Regards,

Laks

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laks,

you can use the Settings/Display Variants dropdown button and select Change Layout item above the tree in PDN and add any other additional columns like description, created by etc. (actually more data than in WebUI). The checking the print preview everything will be there.

Best regards

Tamas

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laks,

if you really would like to develop this functionality again in WebUI then you can use the function modules PVSHI_PNCMP_READ and the method PRELID_READ in class CL_PPEXIENG_CNTL to read the hierarchy.

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for your reply.

I did already get the data using the method PRELID_READ and processed as required. But my primary concern was to get the data directly from the context as it is being displayed in NWBC so it would minimize the logic part on generating the product structure.

Regards,

Laks

0 Kudos

The requirement for column was achieved by getting the visible columns in runtime and the data part was obtained by looping at the recursive data.

Thanks for the inputs.

Closing thread.

Regards,

Laks

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

Can you please suggest me any BAPI/Method, which can help me to find Product item variant in  a Product Structure ?

Regards

Anup

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

you can use the GET_HIERARCHY_ABOVE of assistance class /PLMU/CL_PPE_CMP_TREE_ASSIST.

Or you can use the function module PVSHI_PNCMP_READ. You can use the node ID in table componentnodedata. The componentrelation table will display the relationships.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Tamas

Answers (0)