cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display confirmation of service

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls see attached, how to display confirmation of service document, I try to open it (2877) in SO doc flow, but failed

but

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just look into KBA to get the exact answer in which situations you get a confirmation of service: 1799799 - 'Confirmation of Service' instead of Material document in the Delivery document flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

material type: valuated stock(Z type), finished goods, procurement type:F. Standard price control, availabilty control: with replenished lead time(z type).

we have two line,  line item 10 (material), if we click batch split indicator, line item 90001 appear in delivery document.

line item 10: confirmation of service

line item 90001: GD good issue delivery: material document (good issue), accounting document

what's the design behind it?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

had you read the given SAP note? Or do you ignore this part because it requires a user id and password which you do not have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note didn't explain my problem, which using batch split and confirmation/GI in separate line item

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have batches and you do a batch split, then you have the quantity only at the batch split item (90001 ff) and the goods issue will be done at this level, the normal item 10 has no delivery quantity and picking quantity and batch number anymore, hence it cannot have a material document, it can only have a confirmation of service which confirms that it is done.

And this was actually the very first reason given in the note.

I wonder how you could have missed this info when reading

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good discussion going on!

siva,

what is the material type? and availability check MARC-MTVFP for this material?

tw

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

unlike Post goods issue ,Confirmation of service will not generate any document. It just displays in the document flow without any document.

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, it has document number, I can't display, pls see below, may I know which t-code?, how it is generated?, how would i verify?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Please check out these threads

These may be helpful. Also Try T code : IW43

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think my question is not answered, IW43 is for PM order, I'm using sales order, again what is confirmation of service

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sales order item, you have a schedule line category.

In the schedule line category customising (transaction VOV6), you have a "Movement Type" field.

Lets say this field is filled with movement type "601".

You create the sales order, deliver the sales order, and then PGI the delivery. The material document created during the PGI will be a 601 movement type. An actual material document exists.

If you have maintained no "Movement Type" in VOV6, then when you PGI the delivery, the system will not create a material document. It will create a "Confirmation of Service". Essentially, you are confirming the delivery is complete from a logistics viewpoint without actually posting a goods movement. As you are not physically moving goods, it is known as a confirmation of service. A "Confirmation of Service" in this case does not generate any specific document. The confirmation of service is just updated to the document flow table (VBFA). There is no other record of this confirmation of service.

The number you see is one that is generated at runtime. The first 3 digits of the confirmation of service correspond to the day of the year it is (today is 21st October, so first 3 digits today would be 294 as it is the 294th day of the year), the next 4 digits refer to the last 4 digits of the delivery. The last 3 digits are generated in a way to avoid duplicate numbers. In your example, I assume that the delivery was either created / PGI on the 287th day of the year, and that the 4th last digit of the delivery number is 7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my sales order one item, schedule line category CP, movement type 601, why it generates "confirmation of service"??

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the "Movement Type" in the delivery? Presumably, it is blank which is why you are getting a confirmation of service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I already mentioned 601 in VOV6, thus your suggestion didn't work

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 601 movement type usually gets copied into the delivery from VOV6.

However, maybe in your case, it did not get copied into the delivery. Therefore, you need to check field LIPS-BWART to see if there is a movement type in the delivery. If there is a movement type in the delivery (field LIPS-BWART) and you are getting a confirmation of service, then there is something very strange on your system. If there is no movement type in the delivery (field LIPS-BWART), then it is correct that the confirmation of service has been created. And the question moves to "Why is there no movement type?" rather than "Why was a confirmation of service created?".

Former Member
0 Kudos

in our delivery, we use batch split and HUM, so there are one more line item 90001, but both item 10 and 90001 LIPS-BWART=601, so can you explain

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, there is no simple explanation. If LIPS-BWART = 601, then it should post a goods movement. Maybe reverse the confirmation of service via VL09 and post GI again and see if the same occurs.