Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip is also getting deleted when deleting expense report

simi_am3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In travel management, when user deleting one expense report, corresponding travel request also getting deleted. In standard it using one FM  PTRA_WEB_EXPENSE_REPORT_DELETE inside it is calling BAPI_TRIP_DELETE. How I can stop the standard functionality of deleting trip when deleting only the expense report.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Simi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This wont be possible, your request doesnt even make sense from a standard point of view

When you "create" your expense report it transforms your travel request in expense report : this is the same object ! (same id, same properties...).

So once converted, you are dealing with an expense report (and your travel request is already no more).

simi_am3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chenu,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am creating expense report corresponding to one travel request say Request number 45. So I will have one expense report also with the same number 45. Now I need to delete onlly the expense report , not the travel request. Is there any possibility for the same. This is my requirement.

Regards,

Simi A M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is not possible as it is the same objet.

Request number 45 does not exist anymore when you have expense report 45. It is converted into an expense report.

So your requirement is not logical and cant be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plus why do you need to do that from a business point of view?

simi_am3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

User want to delete one expense report created, and instead of that create another expense report for the same travel request. without changing the travel request number..as say 45.

Regards,

Simi  AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why deleting it ? why not modifying it ?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the most hilarious thread ever 😆

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes I feel like preaching, I'm swinging my walking stick around the forums

simi_am3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the difference from table PTRV_HEAD itself. Now it is possible to restrict.

Anyway thanks alot for your replies.

Regards,

Simi  A M