cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto reconnect JMS sender Channel to MQ Queue after network outage

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a PI administrator. I have an application which picks messages from a MQ Websphere Queue via JMS adapter.

Previously we had an network outage on MQ manager and after the queue manager was brought up, the Sender JMS channel was not able to reconnect to MQ queue.

Even I had set the "Error Handling" setting in PI Integration Directory, somehow I notice it just keep retry but not reconnecting to the MQ Queue. The open connection on MQ still not closed.

The processing log in communication channel monitoring show error code: 2091.

Are there any setting that can be applied either on MQ manager/Queue or in PI Intergration Directory itself?

please help.

thanks and regards

Presheela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Have you tried doing a rolling restart of server nodes of your PI system ?

Take thread dumps and share the default trace once.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi all,

If the JMS sender channel is restarted manually by the PI Admin, the connection works without any problem. This is what being in practice for any unplanned downtime on MQ Manager/channel.

BUT I would like to get your feedback are there any possibility or setting that can be done in order to have this reconnection automatically (by setting on PI Channel or MQ WebSphere itself)?

I am aware of the Alerting but beside the alerting any possible way to auto reconnect the sender JMS channel?

For receiver JMS channel, there is a setting for connect on demand. with this, the connection is closed after certain time (setting in ID).

BUT for sender JMS channel, the connection remain open even if the MQ Manager is down.

Thanks In advance!

With Regards

Presheela

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasheela,

Kindly paste the default trace which having the error.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Here is the error we get from channel monitoring.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ching

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ching,

Open the log and you will get the proper explanation of error.

After a restart of MQ server , did you take a restart pf PI system?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ching,

Error  : 2009

IBM Resolving JMSException due to com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2009 - ...

Error : 2019

IBM JMS connections fail with Reason Code 2019 - United States

Since there is connection broken error , from pi side , its better to take a restart of PI system.

If it is a production , take the downtime from business.Hopefully it will resolve your issue.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

We didn't perform restart for PI systems after MQ server restart.

Is it possible to auto reconnect to MQ without restart for PI systems / communication channel?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ching

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ching,

It may happen. Take a rolling restart of servers node as suggested by Divyanshu.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Error  : 2009

IBM Resolving JMSException due to com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2009 - ...

Error : 2019

IBM JMS connections fail with Reason Code 2019 - United States

THIS SETTING IS NOT ABLE TO APPLY FOR MY CASE.

Since the JMS sender does not terminate its previous connection, and try to start a new connection even if MQ side terminates. it's still throw the same error even the MQ manger up and running again.

How to disconnect the sender JMS connection and start a new connection?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Presheela

You can refer the SAP portal link

Monitoring Communication Channels - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

and also refer the SAP note for alert configurations

1808222 - Trigger alerts if channel stops polling

BR

SS