Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP integration in SAP Sourcing 10

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 3 questions about LDAP:

1) We would like to configure SAP Sourcing-LDAP integration as picture below:

Is it possible?

2) If we set synchronization mode to “Pull”, all changes made in LDAP (e.g. email changed) will be transferred to Sourcing online?

3) If user account is deactivated in LDAP, what will happen to user account in Sourcing. Will it be marked as deactivated?

Thanks in advance,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

For question 1, Are you planning to use the UME or an LDAP.  Either is possible however in the case of the LDAP there would be a total of 3 user records 1 in sourcing, 1 in the UME and 1 in the  LDAP.

For question 2.  In the case of an LDAP, the sourcing application actually integrates with the UME so as long as the changes in the LDAP are reflected in the UME the next time the user account is synched the new values from the UME will be reflected in the sourcing account.

For question 3.  No. the inactive setting in the sourcing record is independent of the UME or LDAP.  Functionally it will be inactive since the LDAP should not provide authentication to an inactive account.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

Let me ask some additional question regarding AD - UME - SAP Sourcing integration.

1) If AD provide additional user attributes (such as HR number etc. which lets assume is always up to date in AD user record) - can we automatically propagate such attributes to UME & Sourcing account ? What if those attributes get updated in AD? Will it get automatically updated in UME -> Sourcing or those additional attributes will be a part of AD token, and will be reflected in UME & Sourcing next time user log in?

2) Is there any other way to set Sourcing user account marked "Deactivated" if it gets deactivated in AD? I know that since it's deactivated in AD user won't be able to log in. But SAP Sourcing admins ask to reflect deactivation from AD to SAP Sourcing. Is there any way to do that?

Regards,

Tomasz Gałdyś

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomasz,

I'm not sure about adding fields in UME that don't already exist there.  However any field that is set in sourcing directory configuration as PULL will get updated on subsequent logins.  In regards to the Deactivate and in general you could always generate delta changes in AD as a CSV file and import that into UME and Sourcing as a background process.  This obviously is not the most convenient method but could be used as a last resort if any of the automatic options are not suitable.

Regards,

Gary