cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 page hangs after upgrading to IE10

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently upgraded to IE10 and as a resulted some user are facing issues while raising Access request or resetting SAP Password.  The page hangs at the point when changing the request type to "change account" or while selecting SAP systems during resetting password.

When the system is reverted to IE 9, the issue gets resolved. We have tried deleting cookies, changing security settings, zooming 100%, IE compatibility options but still the issue remains.

Please anyone can give any idea what can be the reason for it.  As per me, if there is some incompatibility between GRC 10 and IE10 than all the systems should have the same result.  But it seems only the 10 percent systems are affected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

All GRC applications work smoothly with IE-9, not sure what could be the possible reason that you are facing incompatibility issue with IE10 only with some systems.

Are those portal based systems?

What led you to upgrade IE, if everything is working fine with version 9 then version upgrade has no significance.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Try below options,might works

1.To temporarily fix the time out, the value can be increased using this option:

Transaction SMICM -> Goto -> Services -> select the protocol, for example HTTP -> Service -> Change

And change these two values to a new extended value. This change is temporary only. If SAP instance is restarted the instance will take

the old value again.

2. To change these values permanently, the following parameters need to be updated and SAP instance needs to restart to take effect:

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=500$$,PROCTIMEOUT=600,TIMEOUT=600 or

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=500$$,PROCTIMEOUT=600,TIMEOUT=600

Where 500$$ is the port number that the application is using , PROCTIMEOUT and TIMEOUT are the timeout value that need to increase

BR

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

@Ameet - Yes, these are portal based systems. IE10 was a company rollout which is handled by Windows team. We did the testing on few systems before rollout, we didn't objected as no issue was found on those machines.

@Baithi - The timeout error never occurs. The screen freezes and the round icon keeps going on and on. I don't think increasing the time will have any positive result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

In case you don't face any issue specific to the time-out error then there no need to enhance the time limits.

But as the process gets stucked for uncertain period of time and there is no response then in order to overcome, if i were you, I would have downgraded IE back to version 9. And if i can recall, we have hardly anyone using IE10 for GRC.

In fact, there is not a single GRC-workflow (as to my experiece) which has dependency to run on IE 10, so again there is no point to upgrade.

Ameet