cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best SAP Module for 3 Years Experience Employee ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

From last 3 years, I am working in Internet Service Provider organization, currently holding Senior Software Engineer position. I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology. My queries are :

a) Which SAP module best suits my profile? [I am good in Project Management and Requirements Analysis/Gathering from International Clients]

b) Which certification, I need to apply for?

c) What will be the approx cost for that certification and from where I need to prepare for that[Coaching Institutes Or Books]?

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a)  Sounds like you'd be a good fit for a SAP technical career - ABAP, Webdynpro, BRF+, BW etc.

First step is to learn ABAP, then get a job at a company that is using SAP. In any position.

b) There is an ABAP certification, but don't worry about that yet. It won't help you get a job.

c) You can do the SAP training, but it's quite expensive and the instructors are sometimes not great. SAP Help and SCN provide plenty of free tutorials - more than enough to get you started (and to see if it really is for you).

I can recommend SAP as a career. Never a dull moment!

Good luck,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your prompt response on my queries. I too think Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

will be a good fit for me as per my technical background. But as I mentioned in my comment, I have proven experience in Project management and I also have my specific interest in developing business strategies, so will it be good for me to go either with SAP ERP – SAP Help Portal Page OR SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) – SAP Help Portal Page ?

Just to let you know I don't have any business degree with me. Please let me know, if you think that for now it's best for me to move ahead with ABAP, Webdynpro and not with any business module.

Thanks,

Neeraj

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well ERP is far more widely used than CRM, so I would go with ERP.

I suppose you can go for any module you like and eventually become a project manager in that area... just pick something you are passionate about. Don't rely on the advice of total strangers (like me ).

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

That's completely true, I should go for a career for which I am passionate about. But expert

(like you ) advice is must to take an expert decision.

Thanks for all your support. If you have anything for me, which can help me out while preparing for ERP module, please share that with me...

Thanks,

Neeraj

Answers (0)