cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Stack Upgrade of Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 to 7.1 SP12"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 to 7.1 SP12. I have few Queries related to these.

1. After Up gradation, Do I need to perform   System Preparation, Basic Configuration, and Managed System Configuration steps once again? or I need to perform only the effected steps.

2. We have already Setup, Technical Monitoring currently, Does this get effected after upgrading Solman to 7.1 SP12.

3. Do we need to Install the Diagnostic agent also to latest version, After upgrading Solution Manager to 7.1 SP12.

4. What Steps we need to take care of, after upgrading Solution Manager 7.1 to SP12.

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Faraz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check below note which talks about some specific configurations after upgrading to SP12.

2020219 - Solution Manager 7.1 SP Stack 12: recommended corrections

Thanks.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Divyanshu & Yoganand for your kind help,

Can you please help me with a link, If there is any upgrade guide available at SPM for soultion manager stack upgrade.

One last question, Can i use SUM to upgrade both JAVA + ABAP stack?

Regards

Faraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

You can SUM tool for upgrading both stacks. Please check the below SAP Note for the same.

Solution Manager 7.1 SP Stack 12: recommended corrections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faraz,

As said by Suresh in above post you can use SUM tool for upgrade, for upgrade guide you will have to check under below link.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/instguides

then click on 'SAP components - SAP Solution manager' and select the required target release and download the upgrade guide.

Thanks.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

After update you need to 1st patch JAVA Engine Core and JAVA Engine components + LMserice, 2nd apply the SNOTE correction note, then central correction note for SP12, then perform System prep and Basic configuration for entries with check marked(update needed), once this is done, you may have to apply other correction note for specific issues in SP12.

No, your tech mon is not affected with this.

Make sure you have read the note - 2020219 - Solution Manager 7.1 SP Stack 12: recommended corrections

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Divyanshu & Yoganand for your kind help,

Can you please help me with a link, If there is any upgrade guide available at SPM for soultion manager stack upgrade.

One last question, Can i use SUM to upgrade both JAVA + ABAP stack?

Regards

Faraz