cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Change without Transport of Copies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Experts !

I am currently involved in a ChaRM implementation where the client is interested in not using "transport of copies" within Normal Change. They have a 4 system landscape (Dev > QA > Preprod > Prod). Is this feasible? Is there any documentation that you could point me to or share your personal experiences in previous implementations regarding this.

The primary reason for the client to stray away from TOC is that they perform their "System Integration" test in their Quality box. Their reservation is that when they are performing Integration tests the integrity of the test results could be compromised due to existing Transport of Copies in the system which may later be set back to "In Development". Hence they could be perfoming Integration testing on a system that is subject to change.

My response was to set the Mtc cycle to "Test" Phase to avoid any transport movement but due to their overlapping release cycles and development cycles it is not an option.

I have found a note that is related 1644036 and deals with errors while running Normal Change without TOCs but not with its setup.

I would really appreciate if you can share any SAP documentation on this.

Regards,
-Anshul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How would a ToC interfere with integration testing when its the Change Mgr's job to control the movement of the transports?  More importantly with Change control you move bulk transports not 1 or 2 transports/ToC.

The ToC feature in conjunction with ChaRM is to allow for initial testing in another system to be able to document in the original transport request in the project that the config/customization won't break the system/business processes.

If your client is that hard set to control things on transports you may want to review using Quality Gates with ChaRM, which will enforce time lines of the project to avoid changes in the QA system during integration testing.

Answers (0)