cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating data from SAP HANA to SAP IQ 16.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried my part of finding a ans for this puzzle of moving data from HANA to SAP IQ 16.0 - but no luck

We have HANA system that we are planning to retire and place IQ as the standard solution.

Right now - we are creating proxy tables from HANA and accessing them in IQ and copying(using select * into) as when required - if SAP HANA has to decommissioned I can very well understand that the sources which HANA receives data from can be pointed to IQ

But I wanted to know if there is any other "NICE" way of copying data from HANA to IQ - Both Real time(Replication methods??) and one time copy(any ETL??)

Would really appreciate a response

Regards

VB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

once your have create proxy table in IQ, you can use insert in to location command for selecting data into permanent IQ tables

Add IQ sever entry in interfaces and add server (same IQ server) (loopback IQ server)using create server command

(DBA)> insert into TAB3 location 'seuss_iq1603.iqdb' {select COL1 from DBA.HANATAB3}

1 row(s) inserted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj

rather than the loopback IQ server - I can still do a insert on permanent tables like

insert into t1

select * from <proxytablefromhana> - this looks like a little straightforward step?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VB

Could you check the SAP Note for Migration from Hana

1718576 - Migration from SAP HANA to another database system

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link is asking me for login details - can you extract as PDF or web doc please?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this SAP S-user id required

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu can create your login and password.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you have to contact your local SAP