cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packaging information for individual case of finished goods -needs EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not even sure where to post this question.  We are configuring the first retail arm of our business to come onto SAP.  One of the EDI  customer invoicing requirements is to not only give the number of cases shipped on a delivery but also to say how many boxes are in one case and the net weight of one box within the case.  They do not multiply this info by number of cases shipped.  We assume we can do this in the material master possibly but have no idea what other companies do to satisfy this need or what fields they use.  U/M conversion would kind of make sense but for both these fields?  And then I assume these fields will not automatically appear in any IDoc for the shipment?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the information in the Additional data of Material master under Units of measure Tab by defining alternate Units of measure. For eg: if we have 1 Case = 10 boxes and 1 Box = 2 KG then you can have the Base unit of measure as KG and define 1 Box = 2 KG and 1 Case = 20 KG in the Additional data of Material master under Units of measure Tab by defining alternate Units of measure.and the information will be stored in MARM table.

regards

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irfan,

Our U/M conversions are all to LB in this case.  We could certainly say 6 boxes = # lb.  But it will not allow me to say 6 boxes = 1 case.  And I do not believe those values would get passed to the IDoc upon invoicing without customization to the IDoc.

Susan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explore the Message type DESADV / Delvry07 . If you are using Handling unit management then  i believe most of the information which you needed will get transmitted in the E1EDL37 segment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mainsh,

Thank you.  This is for invoicing, so INVOIC02 is the IDoc.  I do see on that there is segment E1EDP08 with a field called ANZAR(# products per shipping unit).  Not sure where that field resides in SAP.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan

Please take the help of your technical team to get the information how the internal structure XVBPLP are getting populated as the value ANZAR is coming from the internal structure during processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

This is helpful but I don't think it will give me what I want.  I have passed this on to my technical people to better understand this.  I need something on each FG material that defines these extra attributes.  Unless we have suppressed material master fields, I do not see anything except U/M conversions and I am unsure that will easily satisfy my needs.

Thank you for your help!

Susan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i understood your requirement then  you want to populate

1) In IDoc number of cases shipped on a delivery

2) How many boxes are in one case and  

3) Net weight of one box within the case.

Looking at the above requirement i still suggest to go with DESADV (This should get triggered the moment you perform the PGI) which will have all the shipping unit related detail in E1EDL37 segment (point 1) and for point 2 & 3 you need to write the custom code

My assumption is that you are using the Handling unit management and the above solution is based on that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it would be great if I was producing a shipping document.  But I am producing the customer invoice.  You do understand the requirement correctly. I did go into the packing screen in a delivery and I still do not see this vemng field that anzar is copying from.  I will look at an idoc from shipping to see if I can see that field there.  But I need to have it for invoicing.  Thanks for all your help.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand a little more about your questions now.  We pack but at the pallet level only.  So it appears that this type data would be available if we packed at a much lower level?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if there is a conversion defined in material master (MARM table) for the pallet then by using the custom code your can read the data during IDoc generation

for example you can define the data something similar as mentioned below (based on your UoM conversion)

1 KG                    1 KG     KG

6 KG                    1 CS     CASE

6 CS                    1 PAL    PALLET

Answers (0)