Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

03 inspection

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

It is well known that we need to map QM Inspn characteristics in the Routing/Master Recipe as an additional operation, for In-process Inspection(03 inspn). However, I was wondering whether we can use the Inspection Plan (task list Q) for this without linking it to Routing/Master Recipe. Can anyone share his/her experience please ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Did you try 04 with 'Early Lot Creation'?

This way your lot will be created at as soon as the process order is released and you will be able to maintain the Inspection Plan.

Best Regards,

Rahul

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly.

I agreed with Rahul Barjatya.

The functionality of early lot creation by lot control is useful to many companies.

Regards

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia, Anand Rao and Raghavendra Rao,

Thank you all, for your prompt responses. As mentioned in my query, I was looking for a way other than the Routing/Master Recipe for 03 inspection.

I am closing this discussion. Regards, Krishna

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

For inspection type 03 'Task list usage' is 1(Production) by default. You can not see the usage in customizing for inspection type 03. If you need to maintain different inspection plan, then copy Inspection type 03 and create new Z inspection type. In this Z inspection type maintain your usage and create new inspection plan and maintain material master accordingly and try.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gururaj,

Thank you for this suggestion. This seems to be an alternative. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Inspection type 03 use the routing or receip for inspection processes and not inspection plans.

It is standard, so inspection type 03 can't use inspection plans.

Regards,

Natália

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With standard you can't! It is not mandatory that you should create additional operation in routing only for inspection characteristics. You can assign MICs to any operation in routing.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Inspection characteristics are generally assigned to Routing operations.

Inspection type 03 is assigned to production order type.During production order/Master Recipe creation the routing/recipe is copied and so does MIC's.There is no option to use Inspection plan as replacement to a routing/recipe.

Raghavendra