Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITAB_ERROR on substitution rule

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

What do you think about this?

I am really disappointed with SAP Support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30.09.2014 - 14:25:23 CET -  by XXXXXX

Hi XXXX.

We had a problem with connection, but it solved. I'll try help you. There isn't inconsistency between tables AFVC and AFVU. The error occurs because of substitution rule of the VORNR field. We have a rule (RSOP_AT) that substitute the value of the VORNR (Step 004). When we input the value (AERE) directly at the moment of the creation, the error not occurs. If we don't input the value and the rule substitute the value of VORNR field the error occurs. The error occurs only on creation. On edition, the error not occurs. Can you check this? Why the substitution rule not works on creation?

Regards

YYYYY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response from SAP:

17.10.2014 - 10:06:20 CET - Resposta by SAP

Dear Customer ,

I have checked the issue in the system and found that the dump is due to the substitution rule RSOP_AT defined on network profile  . In the RSOP_AT  rule  , the activity VORNR is getting changed to AFVGD-ZTIPOUTIL if  the condition is AFVGD-ZTIPOUTIL <> '' . The  issue is also reproducible on changing the existing activity  , you change the value of AFVGD-ZTIPOUTIL  and save or run the substitution rule manually . Please cross check the issue form your end and revert back to in case of any problem or clarification .

Best regards ,

YYYYY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio,

I have checked your dump and could you please run report ZRESSEAR from note 182011?

If the note is already in your system then, you could run the report via SE38.

BR,

Enrique

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique;

I think that note not applies for our case. The report check existent orders. Our problem is on create activities where substitution rule change the value of the filed VORNR to "AERE". If we put the desired value "AERE" on VORNR when are creating, the substitution rule not update de value of VORNR and the error not occurs.

Thanks and BR,

Marcio Blos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys

FYK...

SAP explained that ITAB[] buffer is filled on creation of new object and on initial load for already created objects. If any field was changed under structure SFC_ITKY using substitution, the dump issue will happen as ITAB[] buffer will not be updated.

This is by design that buffer ITAB[] should not get updated  on substitution as it contains many critical fields which can lead to inconsistency  and therefore the change of these fields are not allowed.

So, we will use another way to change VORNR field.

Best Regards

Marcio Blos

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the reply is quite helpful.  They've actually debugged your issue even though it's your substitution.  That's more than I think they should do.

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan;

I think you are mistaken. A standard functionality doesn't work due SAP Design. The SAP development support said:

"This is by design that buffer ITAB[] should not get updated  on substitution as it contains many critical fields which can lead to inconsistency  and therefore the change of these fields are not allowed."

Although the field VORNR is available for substitution, it can't be substituted.

Best Regards

Marcio Blos

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It wasn't clear to me that it was a standard field.

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Substitution Rule:

I am really disappointed with the response from SAP!

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did it work before? Is it a new Substitution?

Do you already have an activity with AFVGD-VORNR= AERE?

Please try below:

1. Without Substitution
  • Suppress Substitution
  • Create an Activity with AFVGD-VORNR=AERE
  • Please see if the Dump occurs.. Case suitable for reporting to SAP

2. With Substitution

• Set the Expert Trace on the Substitution
  • Debug the FM CO_IT_GET_PROV_OF_OPERATIONS with the help of an ABAPer.

Hope it Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal

I have created many activities with VORNR = AERE.

With Substitutution, if I create activity with VORNR = AERE, que error not occurs. Occurs only if substitution update de value.

I think it is a error on standard code. Any substitution for VORNR do not work.

Thanks and Regards,

Marcio Blos

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share:

1. Screenprint of the Susbstitution rule
  2. The ST22 Dump in txt.

Thanks and regards,

Varshal Kachole