Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a reqiurement in which I have to use PGP encryption for files that I drop and pick from external servers.

I have used this link https://wp2pgpmail.com/pgp-key-generator/ to generate PGP key pair.

It generates keys in two windows(1 for public and 1 for private) and I am suppose to copy paste the contents of those windows in one file and create keys

1)What should be the extensions of the files? for both pub and private?

2)I am generating pub and pri keys , of which I will share pub with other party.Do they also need to share their pub key with me?

3) The pub key shared by other party , should that also be put in location : usr/sap/<System ID>/<Instance ID>/sec, where I will be putting my key pair?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip

1. The extension does not really matter as it is normally ASCII armoured key files. In the PGP module, you can specify the full file name, so you just follow the corresponding file name you have save the key files as. I used Kleopatra with GPG4Win to generate the key files and there extensions generated were .asc, and it worked fine.

2. The external party will only need to share with you their public key, if they are also sending you encrypted files - i.e, external party encrypt, you decrypt. If it is just one way, meaning you encrypt and send to external party, then their public key is not required.

3. The location you mentioned is the default location. All key files should be stored here. However, you have the option to store it elsewhere in the file system, and specify the keyRootPath parameter to point the module there.

The following blog is a good place to start for PGP.

This blog shows another alternative you can use to generate the PGP keys.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot man!!

I did everything like you said and it worked!!

I used .txt extension for my file

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member671894
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can anyone share cmd statement which was used in script to encrypt and Decrypt it.

Please do the needful guys.