cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub installation on a PI double stack system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is it possible or advisable to install the gateway components on the ABAP stack of a PI System for a hub deployment?

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Once u have GW components residing on ur PI system, u can use it as GW Hub system and can connect to one system or multiple back-end systems using MOC ( Multiple Origin Composition ) concept.

But coming to having GW components on PI, i do not know to what extent its correct to have a set up like this.

But i think you can have this kind of set, but not sure if its correct or advised.

If u have GW as separate Hub, then it will be neat and clean i feel.

Regards,

Ashwin

bjoernw
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin, hi Daniel,

yes, it is possible to use SAP Process Orchestration instead of a Gateway Hub server, and this is supported by SAP. However, there are some scenarios, that are not yet available with the current release:

• SAP Fiori
  • Unified Inbox
  • Non-SAP connectivity (SOAP, JDBC, JPA, REST,...) for OData provisioning

Also, I believe you need to have a Java Single-Stack installation of SAP Process Orchestration to make use of the OData provisioning feature.

Kind regards

Björn

ch_loos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

you should not use PI Dual stack system as a Gateway hub system as this combination was not tested by SAP and might impact you PI scenarios.

It is also not listed in any of the landscape recommendations/deployment options as supported scenario.

Please note the comment in this blog on deployment options for Gateway:

"If you go for a hub based architecture you should use a dedicated SAP NetWeaver Gateway Hub system"

As Bjoern outlined, a PI/PO Java-only system (7.40 SP08 or higher) has embedded Gateway hub capabilities which is of course tested and supported.

Regards,

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I do not see any issue technically. You might have to go through the sizing guide to ensure that the HUB system is able to handle all your (PI and Gateway) load requirements.

One of the advantages of Hub deployment is separation of your UI application(ex: Fiori) life cycle from that of ECC. Since Hub is the place where you update your apps and always try to be on latest SPs, you might have to regression test your PI setup whenever you upgrade the HUB infra. 

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

i think if you install the Gateway components on the ABAP PI Stack you can only connect one backendsystem to this "gateway" system. If you want to connect more than one backendsystem u have to use a single hub system. SAP NW 740 integrates these gateway components out of the box, so you dont need to install these componentes separately.

Kind Regards

Robert