Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry iOS / ESRI Custom Client Build Issues

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following the the SDK / Installation guides for the ESRI iOS client build I still can't get it working. Below is a detailed doc showing the exact steps I've followed -

AgentryiOS_GIS_Setup

I know the ESRI system and Mobile Add-on are configured correctly because we successfully used the pre-built Agentry iOS client from SAP to demo the ESRI maps. Also you can see the JSON data being return to the iOS client in the last few screenshots.

Also I'm able to get the basic ESRI application that comes with the ESRI iOS SDK running on my Mac.

I'm not sure what the problem is; I've tried multiple tweaks to the client build with no success.

Has anyone been able to build a custom iOS client with ESRI integration? Or provide any tips / suggestions for getting it working?

Thanks,

Stephen

cc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I took a look at your doc and have some questions.

Page 2 - Step 2 - You can remove one of the -ObjC Other Linker Flags.  It shouldn't hurt having it twice but it isn't necessary.

Page 6 - Step 5 - Since you manually added the framework you don't need to add the import.  Again it won't hurt but isn't technically isn't needed.

Page 9 - Step 6 - The screenshot will not look the same as yours as that screen shot is for a client that includes both the GIS and VE OpenUI components.  I also noticed that the ArcGIS.bundle included.  That not being there isn't the cause of your problem.

Page 10 - Step 7 - From looking at your build step I see there are 2 warnings.  Have you checked to see what the warnings are?  I would bet the problem is related to that.  Please check and let me know what you find out.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I've updated the project -ObjC Linker flags and removed the import just to be safe.

I included the ArcGIS.bundle as per the ESRI installation instructions. Is it not required?

There are 4 warnings with the build which look to be the problem -

The architectures set on the project are -

I'm not sure how to resolve those warnings on the build.

Cheers,

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Yes those are the cause of your issue.  The root cause is that when the SDK was packaged the symlinks in the frameworks directories did not get packaged as links.  You will need to re-create the symlinks and that should resolve the build warnings and allow it to successfully build.

Specifically the following links need to be fixed

1. From the MobileAppsSDK/Common/Common.framework/Versions directory execute the following:
    1. rm Current
    2. ln -s 1.0 Current
  2. From the MobileAppsSDK/Common/Common.framework directory execute the following:
    1. rm Common
    2. ln -s Versions/Current/Common Common
  3. From the MobileAppsSDK/GIS/GIS.framework/Versions directory execute the following:
    1. rm Current
    2. ln -s 1.0 Current
  4. From the MobileAppsSDK/GIS/GIS.framework directory execute the following:
    1. rm GIS
    2. ln -s Versions/Current/GIS GIS

This is also a problem with VisualEnterprise.framework as well so repeat the same process for that as well if you are trying to also build in the VE support.

See if that fixes your compiler warnings.  It did for me an I was able to get an iOS client with GIS included working.  I'm still working on the VE version however.

I have asked the Product Development team to fix the archive in the distribution and/or create a note detailing the problem and resolution.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. That did the trick. I can now see the ESRI component in Work Manager.

I get some new warnings (same one repeated 41 times) with the build but I don't think it's having an impact on the functionality -

I can't see the markers on the maps but I need to go back and validate my data now.

Cheers,

Stephen

Answers (0)