cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM Configuration field size change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have customized standard FPM configuration which have Text fields and types are associated from Feeder class, would like to restric few fields to 100 char length. Could not able to find properties in FPM Component configuration attribues, any help would be appreciated. Thank!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

I dont know if we can restrict the no of characters in Component Configuration in FPM. We have an option to limit the UI width.

You can restrict the length through Get_definition Signature parameter " ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION ".

Just change the length to your limit for the specific field and set "LENGTH_BY_DDIC" as abap_false.

This should work.

Regards,

Arpitha Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpitha,

Thanks for your reply, I have redifine GET_DEFINATION method and  implemeted below  code

and still no luck. But when i tried to change the label text by same code its working only size restriction is not working.

The actual field domain for that TEXT field is String and element configured through FPM is TextEdit element, do you think this any of this causing issues?

Thanks in advance.

ls_field_description-length = '50'.

ls_field_description-length_by_ddic = abap_false.

MODIFY et_field_description FROM ls_field_description INDEX sy-tabix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

I think you are right about the TextEdit comment. I have never tried to limit TextEdit length. With input field it is possible.

Not able to think of anything else at the moment.. Trying to find a solution..

Regards,

Arpitha Nayak