cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Manager 4.0 - not downloading storage locations on initial sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're facing an issue with SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 (Warehouse Manager 1.0) that hopefully you can help us with.

When we do the initial sync of the application, it seems that some materials are being downloaded without any associated plants or storage locations.

For example, when we download a PO to do a GR, we cannot complete the transaction because the storage location list appears empty:

However, if you make a change on the material master for the material (any change will do), select the Check for Table Updates option and perform a Transmit, the material gets updated and the storage locations are shown:

Any idea why this is happening?!

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How are you downloading material/storage location data?  is it based on  some user parameters ?   Are you maintaining values for user parameters ?  Also look at your MDO configuration for material/ Material plant and material storage location objects.

it can happen if your  trying to receiving PO that belongs to plant/storage location that is not same as your user parameters values for plant &  sloc..

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju!

We got it to work by using transaction SU3 and adding the WRK parameter with the value for the plant that we're receiving the materials.

The downside for this fix is that it only allows one plant to be assigned per user. Do you know of any workaround for this?

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm glad it worked... You have to write your own custom logic to  extract comma separated WRK parameter values maintained in SU3.  e.g : if you want to maintain WRK values like 1000,3000 etc.

Take data volumes into consideration  when maintaining multiple plant values. Over a period of time data can  grow in size and can cause performance issues.

Thanks

Manju.

Answers (0)