cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement QM-WM Interfase without generation of TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

my client is going to implement the QM-WM interfase, but he will work without any kind of strategies (nor putaway neither removal one) so as he is going to post movements through QM t-codes ( Example 321) without any kind of transfer,  I mean the quant is going to remain in the same storage bin, I would like to know if there is any way to config this movement without need to create a TO in order to correctly close this proccess...

Any ideas???

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use propose posting change at storage bin in the storage type, so the system assumes that this PCN occurrs in the same bin.

Best regards

Carlos Díaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

in that case which is the setting in storage type? and will it be necesary to do TO? He wants to avoid TO creation in this cases where the PCN occurs in the same storage bin......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

First of all, you can not avoid processing PCN in SAP WM, you have to process it then only material stock will be moved from one stock type (unrestricted, Q,S) to another type in warehouse and for that you have to create TO in WM and confirm it.

Now question comes, if you do not want to move stock and want to keep stock in same bin after posting change, make setting at storage type level there is one check box 'Post to same bin' check that box for all storage types where you want to put stock in same bin even after posting change.

Now if you do not want to create transfer order manually, you can specify immediate transfer order creation for movement type in IM-WM interface for specific movement types, so once you do posting change system will automatically create TO.

Next is confirmation of transfer order, if you do not want to confirm transfer order then again you can avoid this by removing putaway/removal confirmation boxes at storage type levels. But this will be for all kind of movement types, system will be confirm transfer order automatically.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which is the functionality expected when you activate that chaeck at storage type when you generate a PCN??? Please let me know.....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Couls you please explain to me which would be the use of have activated the  propose posting change at storage bin in the storage type? Wht this would do when you perform movement type 321 through  QM???

Please let me know....THANKS!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If you have your stock placed in a specific bin in quality, you require to post changes using an interim storage type and then move inventory from interim storage type to the new bin (that could be the original one), so you have a PCN and a TO. With this flag, the system understands that you want to keep the original bin then, you just have to confirm PCN without a stock transfer. It is useful in case you have your stock in a specific bin, because if you have it in an iterim storage type, you require to create a TO to move it into a specific bin.

Best regards

Carlos Díaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in case I flag this in the storage type I will have to convert the PCN into a TO anyway, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you have to confirm PCN. It is nbot necessary a TO because you're not moving stock just changing characteristics.

Best regards

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean without creating TO of the PCN, WM characteristic will get changed. The standard SAP flow is that you need to create Transfer order for the PCN then only the subsequent activity in WM will take place.

If i will look at the thread Jurgen has already highlighted that you cannot avoid the PCN creation as this is technically needed.

0 Kudos

Does you client dont want a TO creation or TO Tag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ! I know if the movement does not represent a physical movement usually PCN is generated....but my question is if my client does not use strategies (putaway nor removal one) is there any way not to have to create the TO after PCN in this case.....

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you usually have a posting change instead of a transfer order,  but this document is technically needed to keep WM in sync with MM.

Any change that does no lead to physical movements is usually a PCN  in the WM module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but how could I configure that in order not to need to create TO in those movement that i know that there is not physical movement?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would actually need to give a question back, how did you configure it to be different from the standard? The standard is a posting change.

SAP gives a good set of data in customizing e.g. for warehouse 001 or ***

And the desired approach is to copy from SAP given data to create the customizing for the own warehouse.

So you should be able to lookup the original settings if you did not screw up SAP standard with some changes.

If I check my old IDES in the path Logstics Execution > WM > Interfaces > define movement types.  then I can see that movement 321 is linked to reference movement 321 .

And in warehouse *** is movement type 321 defined with a check mark for posting change notice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh but Wht I mean is to have not need to convert that PCN into TO.....is there any way to set this in this movement???

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I do not really understand what you want.  If you don't process the PCN then you just create a mess in your warehouse and within a few days you will not be able to do anything normal, you will just jump from one error fixing to the next.

Example: you post from quality to unrestricted in MM. If you do not process the PCN, then you still have quality stock in WM along with negative quality stock and positive unrestricted stock in an interim storage type.  Does that sound healthy?

Processing can be setup to run automatically with a batch job.

But this is usually a phase 2 of project, after anybody is clear with the processes and knows what steps has to be taken. Then you can sit together and define which steps could be executed in batch. But the people have to be ready to monitor all the batch runs, must be able to perform an activity manually in case the batch run failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh jurgen I completly agree with you when you say that if PCN does not transform into a TO that will create a mess....my question was if there is a way to avoid the creation of TO from PCN but without generating negative quants and to have the same correct results as TO would have been created,,,,I mean a customizing setting or something

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is technically needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

And last question about this topic...is there anyway not to generate PCN when you do in QM f.i movement type 321 which is known that it not produced any physical movement??? and so not necessary to do TO, without produce a mess between MM-WM?

Is it possible to configure Direct or automatic TO creation for movement type 321 when the client doesn t defined any putaway nor removal strategy in any storage type???

Please advise....

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not with SAP standard approach, as highlighted by Jurgen technically it is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It is possible to configure direct or automatic TO creation but if you don't have strategies defined maybe the system couldn't identify the source or target bin so it is a waste of time. Another thing, strategies are the way the system helps people to guide their work, without it all activities are manual. I suggest you configure all material flows with strategies in order to optimize your process. Instead of letting workers decide and search which is the bin (source or target) is better let the system identify the bin and the workers just obey that order.

Best regards

Carlos Díaz