cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a nested set of folders into an MII project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how to import a nested set of folders and files into an MII project?

I can go into the Workbench, right-click a folder, and select Import. The interface lets me select multiple files, but it doesn't let me select folders. I must be missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

This is a feature that was missing in MII 12.2 but added in MII 14.0. Hence Sam and Steve can see this working in MII 14.0 and you cannot find it in MII 12.2

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks... I'll add this to my list of reasons to upgrade to 14.0 eventually.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Which MII Version and Patch? I just tried and successfully imported a folder using MII14 SP5 Patch 8.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version is 12.2.4 Build(92).

If I select multiple files and click "Open", that works.

If I select a single directory and click "Open", it just takes me into that directory rather than importing anything.

If I select multiple directories and click "Open", it doesn't do anything.

If I select multiple files and folders, it takes the liberty of deselecting the folders from my selection and allows me to proceed importing the files.

0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

I verified against my 12.2 SP06 P7 server and can confirm that this is in fact the behavior in this version too.

However, on my 14.0.6 server this worked as expected and imported the entire folder.

Would you like me to upgrade my 12.2 instance to SP07 and try again?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the offer. I guess I'm going to believe Partha and assume that upgrading to 14.0 would be required to get this feature. No need to go to SP07 for my sake, but thanks!