Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM NW AS ABAP account security settings

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been looking around in the documentation on what the security settings need to be for the user in a NW AS ABAP that will be used to perform initial and delta provisioning loads with from a NW AS ABAP/JAVA to/fro IDM.

Does anyone have some guidance for settings for:

1) ABAP USER for reading from NW AS ABAP

2) ABAP USER for writing back to NW AS ABAP

3) JAVA user for reading from NW AS JAVA

4) JAVA user for writing back to NW AS JAVA

I'm not looking for the administrator answer, I'm looking for minimal requirements and if possible, also what type of login account it should be (am guessing service, but confirmation or correction would be nice).

I could not find it in the doc. If I've totally missed the boat there, please also point out what I overlooked :-).

Regards, Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ron,

For Reading/Writing user to NW AS ABAP, the user type should be a service user.

For Reading /writing user to NW AS JAVA, the user type should be technical user.

For more information please refer here

Hope that helps.

~ Krishna.

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

This is an answer for part of the question, what user types I'd need to make in NW AS ABAP and JAVA.

I'm still looking for input from the community what actual roles one needs to assign in the NW AS ABAP to the user account that will be used in the NW IDM repository setup. Can anyone share with me how their users are set up for authorizations in their systems (ABAP and if available, JAVA).

Your link let me to OSS note 1557803, which says one need to assign role SAP_BC_SEC_IDM_COMMUNICATION to the NW AS ABAP user, and then Googling that, I found this help document with yet more roles (however in relation to a SAP Supply Network Collaboration system.

I'm still not sure which authorizations to use.

I'm still looking for input from the community what actual roles one needs to assign in the NW AS ABAP to the user account that will be used in the NW IDM repository setup. Can anyone share with me how their users are set up for authorizations in their systems (ABAP and if available, JAVA).

Thanks, Ron

Answers (0)