cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role recognition in CUA after creation in DEV & QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently using CUA to assign roles to users in all DEV, QA & PRD environments.

When I create a new role in DEV then send it to QA, I usually assign it to a user so then can test it.

The issue I'm having is the following :

It take a very long time (more than a day) for CUA to detect a newly created role.

Is the a job I can run that could speed up this process?

BR,

Ashod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is quite a common problem. What you need to do is to drop the child system out of the CUA, and then assign the new role locally. Then a day later, you hook the child system back up to the CUA again.

Easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a faster way: create a role with the same name in the CUA master, then assign it in PFCG.

Dont worry Ashok - we will find the best solution and luckily you have lots of time on your side. 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well you know, now I think of it...

SAP is based on best practice for business process. So if SAP themselves think you should wait a day before you can assign a new role via CUA, then there's probably a good reason for it. Perhaps it's a sort of "cooling off" period or something?

Perhaps the thing to do is just use the time wisely, by making sure you really wanted to create that new role after all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Won't that duplicate the roles and cause a problem?

Isn't there a job similar to PFUD that could do the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be worth notifying SAP if you feel that you don't want to utilise the cooling off period. They could probably create a big button that you could click that would run a comparison between the two systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crying in a bucket...I always thought it was best practice to have as few roles as possible and not create new roles too often when you could also adjust an existing role.

Never thought about it before that the 24 hour wait was intensional from a process orchestration perspective. I thought it was some random text comparison job generator controlled by invisible pixies.

If I had known that earlier I would have put the time to some good use instead of paranoicly clicking refresh all these years. Bugger!

So Ashod, what have you been doing while waiting? Can you recommend anything?

Cheers,

Julius

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

How about that one...(unfortunately I have onle the DE-version-...):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Here is the English version:  Sugababes - Push The Button - YouTube

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those are indeed some very fine buttons...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried riding up and down the lifts this afternoon but no luck. Even tried the elevators. Anyway, I have a lot less time now but can work faster... pity that SAP offers the option to override the cooling off period.

Ashod obviously got lucky and has found better things to do now...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gee guys

I thought you're meant to change that setting in SCUM to local and then add them in and change it back after so no-one knows!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check out below link for all possible options for Text Comparisons from child system to CUA. I have used below approach in my earlier project:

Go to SCUA -> Select the child system and click on Text Comparison from Child System. It works as expected.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/9d/bdbba36f55db43ab8e8272e1d5d97b/content.htm

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this Note: 1642106 - ZBV|PFCG: Automatic text comparison for roles for central system.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution guys.

There is a button in SU01 in CUA called ''TEXT COMPARISON FROM CHILD SYS.''.

After trying that, it worked.

I don't know what transaction it uses, but it help.

Do you guys know? Is there a way to do this without going into SU01?

BR,

Ashod

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

There is an option in PFCG where we can text compare the role which has been created and generated in the child systems.

Execute PFCG-Environment- Text comparison for CUA Child system.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashod

On a more serious note, perhaps you could figure out which program that text comparison is and see how frequently it is scheduled in your system?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

How long has this been happening for?

What do you do while waiting?

Did they mention this in the CUA training?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't taken any CUA training, just a knowledge transfer at my new client.

They didn't mention anything about, I realized this issue on my own.

Thanks,