cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple fiscal variants in time bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a scenario where we want to use two fiscal variants in a time bucket profile for demand planning.

We have fiscal variant Z4 for fiscal months (differs than calendar months)...and fiscal variant ZW for fiscal week (differs from SAP calendar weeks)

We would like to have a time bucket profile where it's 2 years in fiscal months (Z4) but the first 6 months are in fiscal weeks (ZW).

We enter the following in the time buckets profile setup:

Number     BPeriod      FYV2      DPerioid      FYV1

24                                                   P             Z4

6                P                Z4               P            ZW

We receive the error:

005: Enter a display periodicity that is smaller than the basic periodicity

We can use calendar weeks with fiscal months...or fiscal weeks with calendar months...but will not let use 2 fiscal variants.

I see there have been older posts with this same issue with no resolution.

Anyone have any updated resolution or work-arounds?

Thanks

Chad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chand

When you create a planning buckets profile, only use the periodicity or a subset of the periodontics that are also defined in the storage buckets profiles on which the planning area is based.

In a planning buckets profile, do not include a periodicity that is not in the storage buckets profile.

Please check in this direction.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

As far as I know, Fiscal year for Weeks cannot be defined instead yearly can be defined.

There can be more than 1 Fiscal year, like you can have a fical year with respect to your client and one with respect to your country norms.

Let me know if it helps you.

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Try with this combination:

Number     BPeriod      FYV2      DPerioid      FYV1

24                                                     P             Z4

6                P                ZW               P          

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

No, this combination does not work either.  It does not like leaving the FYV1 blank.  it gives error code 003 - Specify a fiscal year variant for this fiscal period.

If I add the FYV1 value...i get the same error as before.

I think it's because SAP does not know fiscal variant ZW is smaller than fiscal variant Z4.  There is no where to define this combination.

Thanks

-Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chad,

The display Periodicity must be different between the two periods fiscal because they have different time bucket.

To test, please change from P to W the period for period. fiscal weeks. Everything should be ok.

To have a display period fiscal on week you can use the period U - User defined that could represent your weekly period fiscal.

You have to find out how to create this U - user defined period. Maybe someone from this forum can help you.

Thanks Marius    

Number     BPeriod      FYV2      DisplayPerioid      FYV1

24                                                   P                         Z4

6                P                Z4              W                        ZW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marius,

Hmm......

To test, please change from P to W the period for period. fiscal weeks. Everything should be ok.

I don't believe I have ever heard of a period called "Fiscal Weeks":.  Can you please elaborate?

'W' denotes 'Weeks', which is independent of any Fiscal Periods.  'Weeks' typically denotes the standard SAP Monday>Sunday week.  I have never heard this concept you have suggested; of being able to subdivide a 'fiscal period' into 'fiscal weeks'....assuming that such a thing actually exists. In addition, I have never been able to enter the data in /SAPAPO/TR30 as you have displayed it.

Also, for Period "U":   I have never heard of this type of period being used in DP.  Can you please elaborate your experiences using "U" in /SAPAPO/TR30?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DogBoy,

First question: "To test, please change from P to W the period for period. fiscal weeks".

The W referred to week calendar period not for week period fiscal. In my test system, if I choose W instead to P as display period for period fiscal weeks it's working. Please see below.

Number     BPeriod      FYV2      DisplayPerioid      FYV1

24                                                   P                         Z4

6                P                Z4              W                        ZW

Second question, I was supposed that with U - User Defined Period he will could find a possibility to have a personalized period fiscal week.

In my reply I highlighted that:

"You have to find out how to create this U - User Defined Period. Maybe someone from this forum can help you."

If the user defined has not the option to personalize a second period fiscal that I think this is an important messing functionality!

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

The combination that you have does clear the error, but the weekly buckets are not using the ZW variant.  It's using the standard SAP Mon-Sunday....where ZW is defined as starting on a Saturday (Sat-Fri).   This is why we need to use a fiscal variant for week.

In our environment, Z4 is fiscal month using a 4-5-4 week pattern.

and ZW is defining a fiscal week...using Sat - Fri.

We can't seem to get a time buckets profile setup to use both variants at the same time.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fiscal week is defined as Saturday thru Friday in our environment.   We use this instead of the standard Sun - Mon in SAP.   The weekly variant works independently, but we can not use two fiscal variants in the same time bucket profile.

I do not have any experience with the 'U' setting.  Hopefully someone can provide more input.

Thanks

-Chad