cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0: In case of Favourites, is there any trick by which the urls can be launched in a new window instead of the embedded IE for NWBC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting an error when adding BO application with Selection screen in NWBC. The error is 'The error in Triggering the event "apps.state_changed"'.

The same application works fine when launched separately in new Browser window IE10. This issue is probably due to the way IE works with Standard and Quirks mode, it does not like contents in mixed mode Standard & Quirks mode in same window. This BO application is HTML5 contents which are rendered in Standard mode.

As an alternative solution we are trying to launch this application in separate window, question is -

In case of Favourites, is there any trick by which the URLs can be launched in a new window instead of the embedded IE for NWBC?

Thanks in advance for any input in this regard.

Best Regards, Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you're using NWBC desktop, then you could try the following

a) Click on the Control key, then cllick on the [Switch] icon (Top left of screen), follow by the path Help  > Extended Supportability > Show Canvas in External Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chen.

Yes I am trying this in NWBC desktop. I am talking about the links that user adds in Favorites. The option you described do not help for below reason -

1. The “Show Canvas in External Browser” option turns on only when the page is opened . Idea is it should already open in New Browser window to avoid error state.

2. Also, after the load the URL for the page is truncated so when I choose that option, the page just shows an error.

If user is very fast to choose this option before the page loads then the full URL is chosen and the report opens properly in the new IE window without error. But we can't expect the users to be that fast.

Best Regards,

Ashish

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeap ... That instruction is more for validation purposes only. If that works, then the next step I would  probably ask is whether  writing a BSP wrapper to generate the web page could resolve the solution. Note: I don't work with BO; so I am clueless as to how to integrate them. If it's up to me, I would probably log an issue with SAP and see whether that's even technically possible.