Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC / BAPI Not available

former_member215561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In my current project  we are developing UI for most of the SAP Transactions to mobile devices and for this purpose we are identifying standard BAPI / FM available for the transactions.

But in some cases we cannot identify BAPI/RFCs/FM.

Can any someone  let me know what should be the best practice in such a situation to take it forward.

Currently I have BDC in mind, but BDC's are not upgrade compatible. Kindly give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Deric pavoo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Deric .

If standard BAPI/RFC is not available to posting transactions, then you have to go with

customized BAPI [ZRFC].

ZRFC will be develop by Abappers.

By Using ZRFC, it is possible to call the BDC's also.

Regards

Dinesh

Kumaranl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deric,

If there are no standard BAPI/RFC available you will need to build custom BAPI and RFC inorder to be able to call them from outside.

Also, there is ODATA which can be implemented if you have SAP netweaver gateway installed in your instance.

Also you can build RFC FM's to expose data using JSON format.

BDC cannot be called directly from an outside. Hence you will need to build a custom RFC and BAPI and include code to execute the BDC via call transaction.

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Kumarn

former_member215561
Participant
0 Kudos

hi kumaran,

I am using BAPI for getting data from ecc . if I am using gateway services how can I need to post standard transactions.

Kumaranl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deric,

Just like how you are using a BAPI to fect data, you call a BAPI to post/update in SAP. For example the below BAPI's can be used to create/update a SALES order

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE

BAPI_SALESORDER_CONFIRMDELVRY

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDATA

Also, you can refer to below link to create a odata service and post it.

Thanks

Kumaran

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deric Pavoo,

How are you consuming the business data in the front end UI? Are you using the OData?

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.

former_member215561
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using BAPI for fetching data from ECC