cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Depreciation in GTS License Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We want to define License management in GTS with quantity depreciation functionality.

We have set up all the relevant configuration and master data for License determination and it works fine.

But the quantity depreciation is not happening.

Below configurations are made in GTS for quantity depreciation.

1. License type is marked for "Quantity Update" , Basis for quantity update is defined as "QUAITM Document Item Quantity" and value assignment level is "A"

2. Item Category is assigned to Depreciation Group and Quantity Depreciation is "-".

3. License is maintained with a highest quantity and UOM.

When we create document license gets determined successfully and the log shows message "Quantities were written off completely". In license at Assigned Document level we can see the document assigned to license and Quantity Depreciated column shows correct quantity. But we check at the quantities level in license and quantity depreciated column shows zero quantity and Remaining Quantity = Highest Quantity of the license.

And also If I create the next document with quantity more than the highest quantity of the license it does not get blocked in GTS.

Can you anyone help me resolve this issue.

With Regards,

Siba Pradhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siba

I am also facing the same issue, did the solution provided by Ashish worked for you ?

Also if any body has any more insight for this issue, please add here.

Thanks

Akhil..

siba pradhan wrote:

Hello Friends,

We want to define License management in GTS with quantity depreciation functionality.

We have set up all the relevant configuration and master data for License determination and it works fine.

But the quantity depreciation is not happening.

Below configurations are made in GTS for quantity depreciation.

1. License type is marked for "Quantity Update" , Basis for quantity update is defined as "QUAITM Document Item Quantity" and value assignment level is "A"

2. Item Category is assigned to Depreciation Group and Quantity Depreciation is "-".

3. License is maintained with a highest quantity and UOM.

When we create document license gets determined successfully and the log shows message "Quantities were written off completely". In license at Assigned Document level we can see the document assigned to license and Quantity Depreciated column shows correct quantity. But we check at the quantities level in license and quantity depreciated column shows zero quantity and Remaining Quantity = Highest Quantity of the license.

And also If I create the next document with quantity more than the highest quantity of the license it does not get blocked in GTS.

Can you anyone help me resolve this issue.

With Regards,

Siba Pradhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akhil,

In my case it was a SAP support pack impact. We implemented SAP Note 1954102.

Please check the same if it helps.

With Regards,

Siba Pradhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siba we will try this .

Thanks

Akhil..

ashish_kothari4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradhan,

As per the post your value assignment level is "A" so kindly check whether the in Legal control for license type has been ticked for Product No (Objects to be checked) and also that product no is maintained propoerly in License master.

Regards,

Ashish K