cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Merge using SAP SCREEN PERSONAS 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we merge attached screen of transaction MB1a and MB1b using personas.

With Regards

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't merge elements from two screens like you can merge tabs. What you'd have to do in your example is add custom fields on the MB1A first screen to emulate the table and other fields from the second screen, and then add a save button that ran a script to copy all that data to the second screen and hit save there.

The scripting might get a little complex, either validating data on screen one or dealing with errors produced from the save on screen two, or more likely both. I'm just starting work on such a scenario myself, in fact. I'm building something on the SMEN home screen rather than on MB1A itself, and so is a little more complex, but the principle is the same.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Please share the script how we can validate input parameter while screen merging.

With Regards

Vishal Lokapur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that very much depends on what validation you want. The easiest way to do this is to link input fields to script buttons so that the scripts get invoked when the user presses enter. You can then look up the corresponding data - material number or whatever - and issue error messages as appropriate.

One thing I plan to do, aside from just validating the material number, is to display the description. MB1A doesn't display the material description and that's a source of errors for us when users think they know a number and mis-remember it or mis-type it and so issue the wrong thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestions. In MB1a 2nd screen there user enter items in the table, how can we get user to make item entries on 1st screen itself.

And how we add help functionality to text box if user is not sure of material number or company code.

With Regards

Vishal Lokapur

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said in a previous reply, add custom fields on the first screen and use a script to copy them to the second. That script would most likely be on a button labelled "Save", so that the user isn't aware of the existence of the second screen.

Help functionality is harder. There are few blogs here on SCN about different ways to achieve it - search for them, but it isn't easy to do well. Proper SAPgui-style search helps are supported in Personas v3, currently in ramp-up, but not in v2.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Sorry for late response, Thanks for your help, would wait for Personas v3 to be launched.

With Regards

Vishal