cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pb synchronization timestamp with Ultralite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

It's ma first discussion on SCN. I haven't find MobiLink section, so I hope that it's the good section for my question.

I use SQL Anywhere , Mobilink , Ultralite which are versions 12.0.1.4104. (I know MobiLink 9. I haven't use MobiLink since )

I need to synchronize data from a consolidated SQL Anywhere database to remote UltraLite database through a MobiLink Server.

So there are tables in consolidated SQL Anywhere database with timestamps columns.

When I start synchronization I had an error.

My question : how to parameter MobiLink (or the UltraLite extraction via ulinit or The MobiLik Wizard or SQL Anywhere database option or ... what ever you want ) to avoid the timestamp conversion error between UltraLite and SQL Anywhere. ?

I think it's a basic problem, but I haven't found any answer via google.

The error message in MobiLink server ( I translate it from french, my customer installed SQL Anywhere in french 😞  )

Terminated with error

Synchronization unsuccessful : MobiLink communication error -- code : 63, parameter : , system code : 10061

Synchronization result :

Error fail  : -1305

Error code  : 63

Systm error : 10061

Download timestamp : 2014-10-15 18:36:52.14000

Download failed

No line ignored

Original message

Terminé, avec des erreurs

Echec de synchronisation : Erreur de communication MobiLink -- code : 63, paramètre : , code système : 10061

Résultats de cette synchronisation :

Echec avec erreur : -1305

Code d'erreur de flux : 63

Code d'erreur système : 10061

Estampille du transfert : 2014-10-15 18:36:52.14000

Le téléchargement a échoué

Aucune ligne ignorée

Aucun transfert partiel restant

Valeur d'authentification : 0 (0x0000)

Thank you for your assist,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The error that you are reporting is a communication error. Specifically, Code: 63 is "Unable to Connect to Socket" and the System Code 10061 is a winsock error  "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused".

That is not an indicator of a timestamp conversion error. MobiLink reports differences in timestamp precision as the warning 10017. Both SQL Anywhere and UltraLite implement timestamps with the same precision but depend on the OS to allow that level of precision. You could handle that difference in the MobiLink scripts - by allowing a range over the precision difference or you would configure the consolidated to store a matching timestamp precision. To do this with a SQL Anywhere consolidated, you would use the option timestamp_format. The format would need to align with the smallest precision. For example:

SET TEMPORARY OPTION timestamp_format='YYYY-MM-DD HH:NN:SS.SSS';

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize ....

I known only MobiLink 9 and option -za to generate the samples scripts.

I use the mobilink Wizard 12 for first time to try to do the same thing.

So, I synchronized my UltraLite remote database , but without start MobiLink Server ... And I didn't read correctly the error message.

Thank you for your answer.

This message thread is useless