cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at LSH set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up an SAP GUI installation Server following this instruction:

At the last step of the wizard I get the error message:

Konfiguration des Local Security Handling (LSH) ist fehlgeschlagen

ERROR:  caught exception while installation DS

Is there anyone who is bale to help me with this issue?

THX

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

thanks for your fast reply, I am using to Setup the GUI-Server an Admin Account, who has all privliges.

I check the remote registry service (Remoteregistrierung) that was in deed in active.

I active it  and rebooted. After that I check if the service is running, see screenshot.

No I am getting a different error message with an addition to restart the Server ( Windows 2012 R2)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for you help.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Always make sure you are using the latest sapsetup patches,Roland.

Note http://service/sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566 has the latest update patch version and instructions to download.

If you still have errors,then create a customer messsage and upload the logfiles from

%Programfiles%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGS\* into the message.

Best Regards,

Jude

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows Server 2012 R2 should be just fine for your Installation Server with LSH. That is what we use here, with no problems. I describe the setup of LSH in some detail in .

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

great doscument.Helps me a lot!

Do you have any expierence with SAP GUI 7.40?

kind regards,

Roland

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! No, I wrote those before 7.40 was available, and I haven't touched it yet. From what I've read so far, if you aren't trying to include NWBC with the GUI, then it should behave much like 7.30. If you are combining them, then that's when the new behaviors come into play, and that's also where people seem to be having the most problems, from what I've seen in the forums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I got a question, do you know in what package the file SAPLOGON.EXE is included?

While creating a package including <SAP GUI for Windows 7.x> and <Install SAP GUI Desktop Icon>

the file SPLOGON.EXE is NOT installed ?

in the Packacke SAP GUI for Windwos 7.40 (Compalation 1) includes the SAP GUI Suite that on eincludes SAP Login  next level It says in gre Requires SAP GUI!!

Strange am I missing here a point?

kind regards,

Roland

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I really don't know how things may have changed for 7.40. What I can say is that for 7.30 Compilation 3, the product lineup that include SAPLOGON.EXE is:

In this, you could select just SAP GUI and it would work, but would not include SAPLOGON.EXE (I believe it would, however, include SAPLGPAD.EXE). If you select SAP Logon, it will also select SAP GUI, as that is a prerequisite, and it will then include SAPLOGON.EXE.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, for some reason my screenshot isn't showing up. I tried twice to include it, and it looks like it makes it, then when I click "Add Reply" it disappears. So, I'll just type it out:

• SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 (Compilation 3)
    • SAP GUI Suite
      • SAP GUI
      • SAP Logon Pad
      • SAP Logon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

Iam using a windows server 2012 cloud taht be the problem, everything else I checked on note 1162270 was ok for my understanding!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Just a check for the obvious ... you are using an account when configuring LSH that has admin rights on the server right?  Account also has to have (or another one specified) admin right

Is the  "Remote Registry" service enabled or disabled on the server where the nwsapstup files are stored?

Be sure to check that it is enabled.

you can follow this link also

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

I followed that link, my installation is based on that, only difference is that i am uisng SAP GUI 740 on a Windows 2012 R2 server.

Regards