cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How good is the SAP certfication course from Atos Kolkata?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!!

I am a Business Development professional with over 4years of experience across industries like Telecom, Media and Market Research. Planning to do a SAP certification for Atos Kolkata. Please help me to understand the pros and cons from doing the course from Atos. Please come forward with any other helpful tips.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sukti,

Please follow the training locations in India.

Training Locations

For your kind information, all the Authorised Training Centers, strictly needs to follow the SAP Curriculum. However, some of the ATCs would a further mile to provide best in class facilities and placement assistance. Please note it is a placement assistance, but not job guarantee.

Please let us know which course you are intended to do.

It would help the forum members to give you any valuable advises / tips.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was intending to do a course on the SD module since i have an experience in the Sales field for more than 4years. Any other module, if best suited, you may let me know.

Will be great if you suggest me the best institute in Kolkata from where i can complete the course. I believe Atos, JKT and SAP India Pvt Ltd are the ones to choose from.

Also whether i should go for the OTL or ITL modes of training?

Awaiting your response. Thanks once again.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukti,

You can only select out of Atos, JKT and SAP India.

If you are looking for placement assistance, then choose between Atos and JKT.

Personally, I would go with Atos, as it has recognizable (sorry, no prejudice to JKT)

To be honest, there are many number of people in the market with SD skill set. I am afraid you may need to compete with all such people in the market with SD skills.

May be you can explore going to join CRM Functional with SD Overview. I would also go this root. May be institutes insisting you for SD course, because they need candidates. Personally, I would go with CRM Functional.

OLT - Economical, slow paced, learn as you are comfortable

- Become Lethargic, may loose focus, not intensive

ILT - Intensive, focused, able environment

- Expensive, high intensive, no chance to hear after 25 days

Now, you need to decide which one you need to go.

Personally, I would go for ILT, though it is expensive, but it all depends on the individual economical conditions and current situation.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your valuable advice.

Going ahead I think am quite certain about Atos. I didn't understand one point. Under ILT, what and why would I not get a chance to hear about after 25days?

Also, what sort of avenues would be open for me once I'm certified by Atos under CRM Functional with SD Overview?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Sukti.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sukti,

ILT is Instructor Led Training. That means you are physically attending the class for 25 days. This course is only for specified duration. Once that course is over, you cannot go and attend another batch. Unlike OLT, you cannot rewind the classes, as ILT is a class room based training. Therefore, you must listen the every word very carefully and note down as much as from the minute one.

I would always avoid eating rice in the afternoon, otherwise,

it would sleepy class in the afternoon.

Regarding CRM, you may have limited number of consultants compared to SD. Product wise SD has much matured and there are enough consultants (both certified and non-certified). After passing the exam, please prepare a strong CV and pass it on your Institute. In turn, they would forward it to number of companies. In addition, you also need to start contacting companies through their websites, referrals, your friends, consultants, HR agencies and job board. You should be relentlessly trying to get into your first job.

First job is always difficult, but not impossible.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can I do the SD module and later on upgrade to CRM functional? Is there such a possibility?

Warm Regards,

Sukti

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukti,

Nothing is preventing you from doing that.

But, by the end of SD course you might have spent huge amount of money, effort and time. Then again you need to put the same amount of money time and effort on CRM. After SD, you will be busy in getting your first job. Having good SD knowledge for CRM would be handy but may not be mandatory. Therefore, it is all up to you how you want to proceed:

I would suggest, take a quick refresher overview course on SD. Then go to CRM with that knowledge of SD.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks Ravi for your precious insight. Am sure it's going to come in handy while choosing the module and finally doing the course. I hope you wouldn't feel disturbed if I again bother with questions in the future.

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Hope you are doing good!

I have gathered info from the Kolkata centre of Atos. Their course on SD module is due to start soon.

Now I have a major blockade in my head. Am just an Arts graduate with absolutely no technical knowhow. In such a scenario, where would I stand during interviews given the sort of educational qualification others have in the technical sphere. How wise will it be for me to pursue the SAP course?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sukti.