cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC - Object Based Navigation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having some issues with OBN and nwbc in SRM. Mainly when we are trying to display documents.

We are also using the standard SRM roles - when we try to display a document via an email link we get

"PDO layer error"

(Eg: Purchase Order)

The email link is formatted as follows

http://srmsystem/nwbc/srm/~canvas;window=app/obn/po.display/?sap-client=500&SAPSRM_BOID=005056AA1D2…

The display purchase order link is configured (by default) as

webdynpro: /SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF

app config: /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_PO_PURCH

Paramters:

sapsrm_mode : display

sapsrm_botype: bus2201

obn navigation parameters:

Object type : po

Method : display

Parameters

SAPSRM_BOID  {SAPSRM_BOID}

etc etc

The BOID parameter does not seem to be getting resolved by the OBN method, when i get the PDO layer error message i can right click and see BOID is blank in the parameters.

We also have the exact same issue with confirmations displaying.

If i go into the Web dynpro application and actually hardcode the BOID it works ok, it doesn't seem to pick the parameter up when its defined under the OBN method.

Our current solution at the moment is to change the email and workflow to edit the URL generated by sap to

http://srmsystem/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif?sap-....................

Which works fine

I've implemented notes 1749594 and 2061880

I've raised the issue with SAP a few weeks ago and looks like they're stumped aswell. Anybody have any ideas?

Regards,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

We are having the same issue when pressing "Send E-Mail" action button in the SRM central contract.

The URL is formed as below (i have replaced the server name with SRMSERVER).

http://SRMSERVER:80/nwbc/srm/~canvas;window=app/obn/cont.display/?sap-client=110&SAPSRM_BO_NO=800000...

We have traced it through the following methods but still can't figure it out.

1. /sapsrm/cl_url_service=>get_url
  2. /sapsrm/cl_url_service=>generate_access_url
  3. cl_nwbc=>url_construct

Did you ever manage to solve this?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

We never got to the bottom of the issue and neither did SAP even though it was raised as high priority.

There is some issue in our system resolving the BOID, i tried it for the display confirmation method as well and got the same error.

Our workaround was to replace the OBN link in the URL with the webdynpro application - this works fine for us.

We changed:

-RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP

-Purchasing Order Approval workflow (WS14000080, Task TS14007959)

Our URL

'http://SRMSERVER/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif?&sap-client=#1&sap-ep-version=7&sapsrm_botype...

We got the, BOtype, BOID, srm_mode, SAPSRM_WIID from the URL sap generated

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just another update to this - i found note 2060102 which seems to tie in with the missing parameters issue. (SAP NWBC ABAP Runtime Patch 42)

NWBC for HTML

• In PFCG the setting "Launch Application" is not taken into account for default pages.
  • NWBC does not react on the sap-clientdebug parameter.
  • POST request are redirected (via GET) if the supplied language (sap-language) is not known. This can lead to the loss of post parameters.
  • Dots in PFCG role names cause errors in the NWBC ~canvas sequence. OBN resolution should only be triggered for canvas type OBN or initial canvas type.
  • Composite roles with slashes ("/") in their name have problems with OBN navigation. Child roles of such composite roles have to be evaluated for the given role filter, too.
  • Parameters get lost for ~canvas URLs.

Our workaround is doing the job at the moment but i thought this might be useful if anyone else down the line has the same issue.

Regards,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tony,

Appreciate keeping the community in the loop.

Will keep you posted with our progress with our issue, but its currently with MaxAttention and OSS.

Regards,
Tim