cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc new Z-segment was not populate in Pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am having scenario that is IDOC to FILE scenario, this scenario there is new Z-segment added in Idoc side, so this new Z-segment it was not populate my PI message mapping.can you please help me out this issue. here i have some open point,

1.Can i import Idoc metadata in PI system using IDX2 and trigger the Idoc does in populate in Pi message mapping.

2.import idoc from ECC to Pi system, is there any option PI side to populate these new Z-segment.I don't want to mess with my mapping ,this existing mapping i want to add these new Z-segments and send along with old message mapping.

because this my production interface we need to do these new Z-segment mapping and send to prod, can you please give your valuable suggestion this is needs to be urgent.

Thanks&Regards,

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Can i import Idoc metadata in PI system using IDX2 and trigger the Idoc does in populate in Pi message mapping.

Import the Idoc first in PI and then delete the metadata in IDX2. When you trigger the new idoc, it will automatically create an entry in IDX2 containing the z-segments.

2.import idoc from ECC to Pi system, is there any option PI side to populate these new Z-segment.I don't want to mess with my mapping ,this existing mapping i want to add these new Z-segments and send along with old message mapping.

because this my production interface we need to do these new Z-segment mapping and send to prod, can you please give your valuable suggestion this is needs to be urgent.

In XI 3.0, usually when there is a change in structure the field mappings get lost. In PI 7.1 and above, there is a feature called correct structural inconsistencies.

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-correct-str...

Regards,

Mark

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes-you can delete the old metadate and re-import the meta date in to PI system using the Tr code IDX2.

Regards

Srinivas