cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM application was started without configuration

0 Kudos

Hi,

An error 'FPM application XXXXX was started without configuration' is displayed when running an application in portal.

Can you please let me know why this error is being thrown even an application configuration is created for the web dynpro component.

Thanks,

Shruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Calling this application on clicking a link, it is showing

and also tried to run this application from application configuration. It is showing FPM exception as shown below.

Thanks,

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So your issue isn't anything to do with the portal then? Rather you are having problems launching an FPM application using any method.

There are two different error message above, the first one when you "click on a link" just says that the FPM application was launched without configuration which in an FPM setting is completely meaningless. I don't know how this link is created but it is clearly missing the application configuration. If the link you are referring to is part of the portal you need to include the configuration step I mentioned above. If you have manually coded the link somewhere you could share your code. But whatever the case the configuration is missing.

However, if I were you I concentrate on the second error you display above when you launch directly from the application configuration as that means the FPM application is not working at all. You haven't include any of the detail of the message in the second case so it is impossible to help more than to say that: it is clearly a different message and you should concentrate on this message you get when you launch from the application configuration as if it is not working here you won't be able to get it working anywhere in any case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not enough for the configuration to be created, when you deploy the application to the portal you also need to tell the portal which configuration to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you would need to specify both the application name and the configuration when specifiying the application parameters in the portal (inside the box in the screen shoot below)