cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 EHP7 installation or copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know the best route to take. Here is the scenario.

We have a sandbox SID is SB3 with ECC6 EHP7 already upgraded .

we need to build another system same as SB3  from SB3 on a different VM with same copy from SB3 to bring the db but need to change the sid to DV2 ...VM team is giving us new shell system with different hostname so which method should apply.
1) Download new EHP7 software and install fresh ECC6 EHP7 on DV2 as DV2 sid
2) then at the db time just give SB3 file to build the database from SB3 and do the post like BDLS to change the sid... Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use the System copy method using Export/Import.

First take export of the Existing Sandbox system using SAPINST. After successful completion of export, go to the new server and start Installation using SAPINST -> Target system Install.

Give the standard DVDs that you must be having like RDBMS, DB Client, Kernel etc

when asked for Installation export, give the path of the export you took from the Source system i.e your Sandbox.

After the successful installation, you will have the system same as your Sandbox system until export with new SID.

Hope this helps

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this not just a standard homogeneous system copy? Just follow the standard system copy process...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

So it's a 2 steps procedure.

1) Since this is a new fresh system we need to use sapinst to install a fresh system and create database.

2) Once it's done then use homogeneous system copy method as copying single instance.

Copying primary application

Copying database

post refresh activities.

Do you have any documents I couldn't find the ECC6 EHP7 windows 2008 system copy guide ?

Any document will be helpful. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to substitute a DB export from SB3 for the standard import during the install, and so just have the one step. The details for doing that will be in the system copy guide. I don't have the Windows system copy guide either, both because my systems aren't windows systems and because I don't use the official copy process! I'm sure if you keep searching it will turn up. If you search SCN for "homogeneous system copy" there are plenty of hits. One of them will contain a link to the guide...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

So I use install guide to install the SAP vanilla system and new db create then use homogeneous system copy steps with db export

Or you are saying Run sapinst for fresh SAP installation and when DB create step comes choose option db export from different system so it will be in one step. Right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either will work and produce the same result, but the second is quicker. Do the DB export from SB3 first. Then during the install choose to import from that rather than the installation export.

Steve.