Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help: Email notification with company logo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

Looking for one urgent help for one of my requirements

I have been instructed to customize the email notification template and to insert the company logo in it and there i face the error. I unable to change the document for the document class as it says similar to SAP entry can not be changed. How to do this, help please.

Another help i need is, i have to insert the company logo in the email notifications. Where and how to do this.

Would highly appreciate for your quick help.

Thanking you,

Tina L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

How do you think that you can change SAP entry, it can't be done.

You need to copy the SAP delivered document in the customer name space where you would be able to do the required customization with the contents and save in a package in order to make it transportable.

This has been discussed on this forum quite often.

You need to refer to: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/605077fc-3577-2e10-e1a6-a743514d4...

This link will help you to understand how to customize email notification template for any GRC actions.

Hope this helps, Let us know for any further assistance.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ameet,

Thanks a lot for so quick answer.

I knew of doing something wrong but could not figure out where until now.

Please let me spend sometime on this configuration document. Actually i need to add access request approve or reject link in the email notification to the approver so my next question is: from where i can have this link.

I know one way but not sure if that is right or wrong. If i click-right on the request which needs approval i am able to see the URL but this is very very long, so can this be trimmed?

I hope this question to have answered in the document, so i am going through with it.

Thanking you,

Tina L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Yes.. you can shorten the link.

Try this way: <a href = "%LINK%"></A>

Inside link command you can put the url address for the specific request types for approver actions items.

Which version of GRC you are working with.?

You should first state your version details before raising any concerns, that might help you in getting appropriate solutions.

With GRC 10, inserting thr logo/pictures is not available. It can only be done at 10.1

Hope you are able to do thecustomizations with email notifications. Make sure to map the custom email templated document in your MSMP Workflow at variablr and template stage, save, activate and generate the process version as well.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Ameet for your response.

It is really helpful.

I am trying to custom several types of email notifications on the requests.
Let me get back to you with the outputs.

Thanking you,

Tina L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Hope you havr got all the answers you needed. You can close this thread and mark it answered unless you have any more follow up questions.

We would be glad to help out.

Regards,

Ameet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

First you need to store the company logo(which is required) in GRC system MIME repository i.e go to SE80(t-code) and save your logo there.

Path needs to be followed while storing logo is as below

And in your email notification document, write the below code

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

Could you please confirm if the image can be inserted in the email notification in AC 10.0..?

From my knowledge, it can be done only in AC 10.1, not sure about 10.0

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

Thanks for the steps. My only concern is that if/when we transport the notification template from our Development system, wouldn't the URL require to be changed within the email template to make it work in the other systems like Quality and Production?

Is there any alternative way of making the link to the picture re-usable? I am trying to find a solution that is fully transportable and avoid manually changing the notification link directly per system.

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can achieve the same in GRC 10 also.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I think there no other possiblity to make logo URL re-usable.. We need to change the logo URL in notification link as per system.This is one my requirement i.e to change the email notification to insert customer logo.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

KH is absolutely right!!

You have to change only the system details for the logo URL, in the notification template as this can't be same across systems.

And, this is a manual work and can't be avoided.

Regards,
Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Katrice.

You explained it so clearly.

Last question: no matter what all types of notification templates i use, the same logo can be taken into consideration to insert in the mails.

How about if we have to insert various logos based on the request type to get notified to the approver. I want to notify the approver with the logos based on their business area. I understand if it sounds strange. At the last everyone of us represent one organization so why to use various logos. But still i just wanted to distinguis across business operations.

The industry i am in they have pharmacy, life sciences and all. So, can i insert images on these basis. It is certainly not a business need, this is something i just came across as an idea.

Please dont mind if this souds silly.

Thanking you,

Tina L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

I'm always happy to help you.

We can insert only one logo in email document template notification.Because , we need to give URL which is static and there is no provision of dynamic logo as we  cannot write code in document template.

Thanks

KH