cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing logic that distributes the Delivery charges and Insurance charges to all the line items in the Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need your expertise advise here.

When we create an Order we have a pricing logic that distributes the Delivery charges and Insurance charges to all the line items in the Order, but when we reference a Returns to that order ,we only want the price of the material to be carried over not the Delivery and Insurance. But when we again create a Standard Order we want that pricing logic.  

So to accomplish we would need to

1. Bypass Pricing logic for Returns  --> OR

2. Not bypass Pricing logic for stand alone OR

the below answers are not accepted by the client:-

1. Create a new OR with materials to be purchased and over-ride the price to match the Returns.(No Manual Intervention)

OR

2. Create the Returns for 0.00, and allow free of charge item cat. on OR, (as users may change item cat. on regular OR)

Kindly suggest a approach which will satisfy the requirement.

Thank you for your time and Suggestions.

Appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why not just have order type or item cat as one of the access sequence key for Insurance and delivery charge condition type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan,

They want to copy the price over and sell insurance on it. creating a new Order type is not an option.

Thank your for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ops, typo. It should be another statistical condition type that has the pricing calculation routine checking on the presence of insurance and delivery charge condition type. if absence, then pricing error.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per your requirement you can mark these conditions as Group Conditions  in normal order

but when it comes to Return Order ,you can write a Routine to Exclude the Group condition for the Document Category-H

This Routine can be assigned to the condition types under Group condition Routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siva for your reply.

we have this logic in place. our issue is creating a OR from Returns. we do not want the Pricing Logic to trigger when we create a OR with reference to returns, whereas we need that logic when we create a OR.

I hope made myself clear.

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
our issue is creating a OR from Returns

Do you mean to say normal sale order would be created with reference to a return order?  If so, what is the requirement to do so? Normal sale order should never be created with reference to a return order.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

we want to carry over the pricing and no manual overrides so that we can fool proof the system.

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you understand my first question raised above?  Just because you want to automate the pricing, you should not create a normal sale order with reference to a return order.  Even without referencing also, it can be automated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did understand your question Lakshmipathi, I am well aware its not a standard SAP Practice but this is the existing business process, they will not change the process. we have to find an alternative solution.

Thank you

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you see my previous reply i have mentioned

you can write a Routine to Exclude the Group condition for the Document Category-H

This Routine can be assigned to the condition types under Group condition Routine

This will fulfill your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siva for your reply, However if we go ahed with your suggestion, the pricing is retriggered in the User-exits.  So we need to deactivate those pricing in our all our user exits in the said scenarios.  Now, if we do not retrigger pricing, then Insurance and home delivery are not calculate on portal, unless we trigger pricing, like an event, toggling between tabs, etc.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thank you for your help