cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - 753Routing Request and 754 Routing Instructions transactions- what SAP ECC6 EDI output type, msg type, msg code, basis idoc is best practice to generate the idoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of our Trading Partner wishes to implement the 753 Routing Request and 754 Routing Instructions.  Can anyone give me best practice answer the following Questions?  We are on SAP ECC6 R3

• What Application? i.e. V2, V7?
  • What output condition to use?  i..e. LALE, LAT2, SEDI????
  • What Message type?  i.e SHPADV?
  • What Basic Idoc Type? i.e SHPMNT05?
  • What Message Code?  i.e. SHPM?
  • What Process Code?  i.e. SHPM??
  • What Function Module? i.e. IDOC_OUTPUT_SHPMNT??
  • Does the SAP Transpotation Module have to be configured for this to be implemented?

Your comments are greatly appreciated, we have until Nov 1 to be compliant?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to implement EDI 753/754 in SAP. If yes could you please share the message type you have used. Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

While I did not get any responses from my question, yes, I was able to determine what needed to be configured.   I hope the below will help you: This is for SAP ECC6

• The output application for the 753 Routing Request is "V7"
  • The output type is "SEDI"
  • Transmission medium is "6"
  • The Basic Idoc type is "Shipmnt05"
  • when setting up your Partner Profile (WE20) add:
    • Message Partner Role "SP" with Message type "SHPADV', Message coed "753", Basic Type "SHPMNT05", Message Control add Application "V7", Message type "SEDI", Process Code "SHPM".
  • also http://scn.sap.com/thread/698368 pages 14 and 15 were helpful.
  • I have not configured the Inbound 754.  For now the inbound 754 Routing Instructions will be emailed to our traffic department.

Thank you,

Have a great day,

jane

0 Kudos

Excellent, thank you very much for your quick response.