cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional FCST/Demand in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My business want to do rough cut capacity planning in simulation version of SNP. We are using SNP.

User wanted to enter some forecast/Demand and check if its feasible (running Heuristic only) and looking at load created.

Current issue:  when we enter the additional forecast (we got additional forecast KF with additional forecast key figure function in SNP planning area and created a different non SAP cateogy ZF (forecast)). .  when we enter values for this KF in planning book, it gets consumed with existing demand (STO/Dep Dem/SO) and we are not able to do the rough cut planning for the additional load.

We have asked user to 2 options.

1. simulation version should be copied with no transaction data. so as to avoid the consumption of this additional forecast. But this is no use, as there is no load (since no transcation data) so its not valid solution as such for what they are looking for

2. double the forecast:  Make sure additional demand should be increased with quantity which is equal to current demand (STO/Dep Dem/SO)).  But that also not feasible for so many product.

So i started on thinking to have another options. to have a new KF which should create extra load (forecast/demand) which should not be consumed or nated out with the current demand.

is there anyway i can achieve the same? have you come across any situation like this earlier in the past?

your suggestion/inputs will be appreciated.

Hope i clear the requirement.

Pravin M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

For your scenario you have to copy your model/version 000 without transactional data into a new model/version.

Then you can release the forecast in the newly created model/version. At the end you will have just the forecast in the planning book so the users will be able to enjoy the simulation in this new environment.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius,

Thanks for reply.

If you see, this was one of option i already provided. But with this approch they are not aware about current load right?

looking for something when they add new forecast/demand, they should come to know how much load it will be and till how long they cant deliver.

This will help them to commit (confirm date) to customer.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Now I see what is the requirement.

In this case the solution could be to extract all transactional data from SNP planning book (snapshot of the actual situation), then release the delta forecast in the copy version , run the heuristic with the new input and then perform again the extraction to compare them (kind of delta report).

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again Thanks Marius,

Even this will not help. Let me give you an example.

current situation ...

forecast 100

requirement (SO/STO/Dependant requiremnt)  140.

stratgy Z4 (copy of 40).  So system will create 140 supply.

now this data copied to simulation version and user want to see with current load can he produce another 50.

so as soon as he put additional forecast of 50.. this get nated our with unconsumed SO i.e. by 40

and actually additional requirement remains only 10.    so his purpose is gone.

we sugested user to enter 90 in this case.. but the issue is this is not scalable and he cant do that as practice.

hope you got the issue.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

And if you create a strategy that will not consume the SO?

Also, if you created a new KF, maybe with a macro you will be able to control what you want!

Thanks, Marius

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not enter the demand into a KF that does not get consumed by the sales orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

that is what i am trying to achieve but not successful yet.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauris,

As i told you.. there will be forecast from earlier too and demand as well. which will be copied to simulation version.

i will enter the new forecast which i dont want to consume..  (but old one or rather the one in active version should be consumed)

how can i achieve with one strategy profile???

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

You will copy the results of 000 model/version in your model/version copy.

For this model/version you will have for your SKUs a different strategy that will not consume forecast by SO. Then you release the delta forecast in your copy. The strategy will not allow to consume the forecast. So you will be able to run the heuristic for the delta forecast!

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I am really happy for you taking interest in the issue.

That is what i am currently doing...

so we copy the MD/TD to simulation version , then run the MASSD to change the consumption period to 0 (backword as well forward).... but as you see, even this can't be scalable.

i am  looking for some permanent and robust solution. thats why i started this discussion if someone tried this earlier.

I found a modification by SAP , though currently its not available for our system SCM7.2  but i am checking with SAP if they can release for our version and then will give a try.

It has its own disadvantages as said noted by SAP so i need to consider with other teams, business and any new project (roll out comings) to make this changes.

Thanks again.

Pravin M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I think that you didn't catch the idea. The different model give you the possibility to maintain a different strategy for the products that you have copied. If you copy just the version is not possible to have two different strategies for the same SKUs. For this reason you have to separate the master data with two different models.

Then you create a new strategy where you can block the consumption of the forecast by SO. This can be done by modifying the Category Group at level of the copy of strategy 20 for example. Standard category group is K1. This category K1 will permit that the forecast consume the SO - category BM. You have to delete the BM entry at K1 (copy) level.

At the end you have just to do the copy, then release the delta forecast into the copy, then with MASSD change the strategy and run heuristic. 

Also you have to think that your requirements is a little special, so not easy to find a simple solution!

Best, Marius   

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me understand.... are you suggesting me to copy active model/version to diff simulation model/version?

or

create a simulation model with all master data and then copy active version data to simulation version of simulation model?

is this possible?  can we copy active version from active version to simulation version of simulation model?

and most imp is this feasible once a week (or 2 week) at minmum.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm suggesting the first point; copy active model/version to diff simulation model/version!

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

You basically have 2 options:

Use additional forecast and apply OSS 437090 to prevent forecast consumption.

Or use a new key figure with a ATP Category for any demand (requirement) element you want. 

Ken