cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Implementation / Plan and Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I was hoping you will be able to help or point me in the right direction.

We are looking to plan an implementation of Solution Manager 7.1 SP10, however due to resource constraints within our organisation we are going to have to outsource this. The plan is to look at the implementation of 4 key areas; System Monitoring, Documentation Management, CHARM and Testing Management as these will provide solutions to key challenges within our business.

What I need to do it try and put together a high level plan which include some technical and infrastructure considerations (This will not be a hosted solution but on premise). The tasks we have been looking at are below:   

• Analyse Infrastructure requirements

• Implementation of the latest Support Packages in SAP Solution Manager

• Basic Configuration of SAP Solution Manager

• Set up with help of new transaction SOLMAN_SETUP

• Set up users with pre-defined roles and authorizations

• Define and connect managed systems to SAP Solution Manager

• Test messaging from managed systems to the SAP Solution Manager

• Set up remote connection to SAP

• Set up Maintenance Optimizer

• Configuration of Root Cause Analysis

• Installation of Wily Introscope

• Installation of the diagnostics agent on the managed systems

• Running the Managed System Configuration

• Running the Managed System Configuration to connect the diagnostics agent on the

• Setup of EarlyWatch Alert (including Java based software components)

• Final test of the configured functionalities in SAP Solution Manager

• Presentation of collaboration functionality

• Presentation of Root Cause Analysis functionality and its knowledge transfer concept

• Knowledge transfer to the administrators of SAP Solution Manager

Obviously we do not want to tell the consultancy company how to do it but I want to have a base plan they can use as a guide, so that all of our need are met and all technical tasks are covered.

So, I hope that has set the scene of what we are doing, but does anyone have or know a list of tasks, plans, guidelines etc that need to be included or consider which can form part of a plan?

If you need any further info let me know and thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil

You can use a Road Map for implement APPOP Aplication Operations, first you need to create a project in solman and the you can upload a Road map  go to

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/dbp4hana select "4 operation" -> "4.1 Run Sap like a factory"

download zip file "Roadmap: Application Operations" in acelerator tag

I hope this road map can you help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, however we currently have a very old version of Solution Manager and cannot create projects. This is why we are looking at a brand now Solution Manager Implementation.

Is there any other way of getting this information?

Thanks

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

refer, rkt paths for solution implementation, would guide you better for all the tasks.

https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/solution-manager/processes.html

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you can download the Zip file in Roadmap: Application Operations

or read online documentation  in the next link https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/dbp4hana

Best Regards