cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding columns and Rows in table in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement in web dynpro where i should display the data from table UI element but not the cloumns and row lines while displaying.

So how can it be achieved...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you want to hide the grid lines in the table, as suggested set the design property to 'Transparent' for the table.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not want even the borders of table too.

For a person who is seeing this should not make out that this data is in table.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So a plane sheet type with structured columnar look with out any grid! In that case, you can use RowRepeater UI element and create the Text views(possibly in a Transparent container for neat look) in it as like columns and bind each text view to each attribute of your context node.

here is the SAP help: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/93d3792e8c60d6e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

and you can check this wiki for reference: steps to create row repeater ui element - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Actually my requirement is to display 4*4 totally sixteen  fields in the matrix format.

so if we use table here we can have 4 attributes and populate them as we wish but without having table how can we use only 4 attributes from which we can populate 16 fields...

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the RowRepeater UI and the link provided.!

You just populate the internal table and use bind_table method same as like in table ui, row repeater will repeat the data in your context node which is bound to it.. Please check the wiki provided in my earlier reply..

Hope this helps,

Revert back for further clarifications..

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked in Wiki, i have to work on this and let you know.

Before doing this can i know some more things like

1.)can we remove the borders of the Row Repeater UI element

2.) can we increase the space between columns and rows.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said earlier, you can place the Text Views in a Transparent container and use the layout say Matrix Layout, so the spaces will come automatically. If you want extra spaces, you can change the layout and place some invisible ui elements for spacing by using the width property.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I used RowRepeater UI element, It worked for my requirement.

Thank You Very Much for Your help.

I will keep posting you for other reqs in web dynpro.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for displaying data in table without any column / row lines( grid lines ). Then click on table ui element and set the design property to TRANSPARENT, now you would be able to display without grid lines.

Please refer help document:

Table Properties - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama