Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Table RSECVAL doesn't show data

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently implemented BW. I have created some analysis authorizations in our BW system. But when I check in the table RSECVAL, I only see authorization 0BI_ALL that too with only special characteristics. Other auth relevant characteristics which are automatically added to 0BI_ALL are not visible in this table. Similarly the analysis authorizations I have created are also not visible in this table.

Could anyone suggest what is the reason behind this? Do we need to activate (or something else) this table? If yes, then how?

I tried to update 0BI_ALL, but that too didn't solve the problem.

Thanks

Nitesh Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Did you check RSECVAL_STRING table?

Please find below few links

Hope it helps.

Regards
Abhijit Mishra

6 REPLIES 6

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nitesh,

You mentioned implementation is recent so I assume it is 7.3+ i.e.  the analysis authorizations are analytic objects which should be activated.

Empty RSECVAL is strange, it should have at least all the authorization relevant chars showing for 0BI_ALL. There is a known case of blank values showing in RSECVAL and entries need to be deleted to fix the issue.

Report to fix error where analysis authorizations are showing as inactive - SAP NetWeaver Business W...

But this sounds more like the case that some steps was missed during deployment of new content.

Please activate the new analysis authorizations that you are creating and also how are you trying to update 0BI_ALL ?

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

We have BW7.4. RSECVAL is not empty, but it contains only 0BI_ALL with only special characteristics. See below image:

Also I had activated the analysis authorizations I created in RSECADMIN and can see that their status is ACTIVE in rsecadmin. But now that I checked in table RSECBIAU, I see:

OBJVER:   A and M

Active Flag:   blank.

Do I still need to remove the entries from RSECVAL and RSECBIAU with blank OBJVER? Only 0BI_ALL has entries with blank OBJVER.

One more thing, although the authorizations are not visible in RSECVAL, the authorizations exist and are active (as can see in RSECADMIN). So I believe this shouldn't impact the authorizations for users. Please confirm. Due to some issues in HANA, we are not able to test it right now. We are using BW on HANA.

Below is how I updated 0BI_ALL:

Go to RSECADMIN tcode -> Extras -> Update Authorization 0BI_ALL.

Thanks

Nitesh Gupta

0 Kudos

Nitesh,

Blank OBJVERS in RSECVAL is certainly an issue and you will need to remove it. But that is not where you should start. The fact that 0BI_ALL has only 4 characteristics showing up indicates there is certainly steps which are missed during deployment of content. Because there are a number of characteristics that show up authorization relevant out-of-box when you deploy BW content and 0BI_ALL is suppose to pick all the auth-relevant chars by default. If you have a system which is still on previous version, then do a comparison for auth-relevant chars against that system. If your BW7.4 system have auth-relevant char other than 0TCA* (as shown in your picture) and they are not showing up in 0BI_ALL even after re-generation, then you have to check with Basis if all the implementation steps were completed in correct order. Also keep it simple with auth-relevant chars to start, remove auth-relevancy on 0INFOPROV.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh. 

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

We don't have any previous version of BW. And you are correct. There are other authorization relevant characteristics and those are available in 0BI_ALL (can see via RSECADMIN). Its just that these are not visible in RSECVAL table.

So I believe what we need to do is delete the entries from RSECVAL and RSECBIAU tables where OBJVERS = Blank.

Thanks,

Nitesh Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Did you check RSECVAL_STRING table?

Please find below few links

Hope it helps.

Regards
Abhijit Mishra

0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijit. This helped. I can see all my authorizations in RSECVAL_STRING table.