cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Some time ago I came across the "SAP Mobile Applications Strategy and Roadmap" presentation (dated May 2014), the following is extracted from one of the slides:

SAP Work Manager 6.2 (Planned RTC Q4 2014)

• GIS Integration with ESRI maps – Offline Support
  • Master Data Integration
  • ISU Meter Management Enhancements
  • Digital Signature
  • Uninstall / Install of equipment
  • Hierarchy of equipment and functional locations

Any further information - in particular how the offline GIS integration is implemented and supported - and a confirmation of the actual release date of SAP WM 6.2 is much appreciated.

Regards,
Edwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I can also confirm it is now available for download from the Marketplace.

--Bill

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that work has been completed on both Work manager 6.2 and Service Manager 4.2 and both applications are going through standard validation testing currently.  Still on track for Q4 release.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks for the information.

Can you tell us something about the new features of this release?

Are the topics from Edwin still valid:

• GIS Integration with ESRI maps – Offline Support
  • Master Data Integration
  • ISU Meter Management Enhancements
  • Digital Signature
  • Uninstall / Install of equipment
  • Hierarchy of equipment and functional locations

Thanks and best regards

Dirk

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dirk,

While not an official list, I am currently expecting the following changes in WM 6.2.

• View equipment and functional location unrelated to orders and notifications
  • Create/update equipment and functional location master data
  • Install/dismantle equipment
  • Enhancements to Meter Management component (periodic meter readings and disconnections/reconnections)
  • Enhancements to geographical information system features (offline map support, feature layers, and additional geometrics like poly-lines and polygons )

This is subject to change of course as I am not directly involved with the release.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As I understand it, the offline maps support will allow the user to "cache" various maps to the device for use when offline.  I believe it will be an explicit action the user will take to cache map(s) for use offline.

I have not seen it yet in action but this is what was explained to me.  In terms of a release date I have not heard anything more specific than it is targeted for Q4 2014 and as always release dates are subject to change.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

any news about the content or the release date of SAP Work Manager 6.2?

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

please refer to the PAM: https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/pam .

Honestly you will not get an answer in the SCN from SAP employees. GA dates and so on are communicated in the PAM (that is the purpose of it). Furthermore you will find informations to the functionalities in the Software Release Notes. These are provided until the product is available.

Thanks and kind regards,

Mike