Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Proxy Scenario

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

Can you please give me an example of SAP PI JAVA Proxy scenario. Need to call REST Webservice from the JAVA Proxy.

Also any pointers on how to use NWDS to create JAVA Proxy will be of great help.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As Mark said you can try another alternatives. You can try with SOAP (Axis Adapter). Check Former Member's blog

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

For me, using Java proxies, seems like to be a second-to-the last resort. The last one would be building an adapter. For example, I wanted to connect to a REST webservice (best example). Let's see, REST has four HTTP methods: GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. POST has always been supported by both HTTP Adapter (both Plain and AAE) and SOAP Adapter. HTTP GET is supported natively by 7.3 and above, PI 7.11 and below has to use Axis (not at versions) or a remote-enabled FM to use it. PUT and DELETE is simply not supported at all.

In most cases, POST and GET is all that is required, but I did have a requirement to use DELETE. Luckily, the third-party was willing to adjust their query string to simulate a DELETE. If not, either we had to purchase a REST adapter (depends on company policy to approve) or use Java Proxies.

You can start by referring to these links:

Regards,

Mark