cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application sap/alertpersonalize_rules cannot be started

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Alert Inbox of the Runtime Workbrench, when I click on the link Personalization, I get the following error :

Business Server Page (BSP) error
Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.
The following error text was processed in the system:
BSP exception: Application sap/alertpersonalize_rules cannot be started. Create an application node using Transaction SICF.

I can't create the application node in transaction SICF because application name is longer than 15 characters (ALERTPERSONALIZE_RULES).

I'm on SP11 and I have already implemented SAP Note 103 8797 (BSP name longer than 15 characters for old applications).

Any idee of how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After implementing note 1038797, the report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP must be executed from transaction SE38

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laurence,

Are you on PI SP11?

If yes, can you let us know what the new features on SP 11 are?

I heard something about Faulty File handling in the sender file adapter, but wanted to know if you have had a looked into it?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm on SP11.

I have read about Handling of Empty Files and Archive Source Files with Errors in Sender File/FTP Adapter (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm), but I can't see those properties in the sender File/FTP adapter. I'll look for fixing this problem..

For all the new features on SP11 : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/45/5487ca228465d1e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Laurence

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>but I can't see those properties in the sender File/FTP adapter. I'll look for fixing this problem..</i>

This can be maybe because the SAP Basis SWCV corresponding to the SP 11 has not been imported in your IR.

Thanks for the updates. Just read through the help link and found the update. Was not exactly what I was hoping for, but something is better than nothing.

Thanks Once Again,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not create any custom node.

Goto transaction SICF and check if following services are activated:

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/sxms_alertrules

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/system

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/public/bc/icons

/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

/sap/public/bc/ur

Alertnatively you can do following:

transaction: SE38

Execute report: RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES

It will activate all required services.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response,

I had already executed the report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES. I just verify that the services you listed were activated, and this is well the case.

So it does not solve my problem...

Kind regards,

Laurence