cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Area Deletion in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to delete Work Areas in PPDS.

While trying to delete  in /SAPAPO/CDPSC3, pop up appears asking if deletion has to be done without dependant records or for all entries.

Trying to understand the difference between the two options here, since its not clear what is referred to as dependant records and how to verify if we dont delete other work areas which were not intended to be deleted.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preethyi,

I did some test in sandbox. Copy an existent work area and then delete it with option FOR ALL ENTRIES.

The original work area was not affected by deletion of the copy with option ALL....... The original work area selection still exist with all selected objects (location, work center, pl.orders, etc.).

In my opinion you can proceed the deletion with option FOR ALL ENTRIES.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, even I did some testing in sandbox. If I delete try to delete a work area and select "For all Entries", some of the other work areas which were not intended to be deleted were also deleted by the system.

There seems to be some dependancy checks done by the system when we perform this action which is unclear.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to have same objects in different work areas. Check in the SPRO - APO - Supply Chain Planning - PP/DS - Detailed Scheduling - Maintain Work Area to see what objects are assigned to your work area and then compare with the others WA (normally you can have the same objects in different WA).

Then you can delete the objects assigned to the WA that you want to delete and save the new selection. So your WA will not have any object assigned at the end. Then you can proceed to the deletion of WA.

Hope that can help you!

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks,I deleted entries in each view first in /SAPAPO/CDPSC3 and then deleted the work area and it worked fine.

Unsure why it picks up other work areas at times though, so followed the above one.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethyi,

If was helpful please confirm the correct solution, so the community could take advantage of this.

Thanks, Marius 

Answers (0)